50 mps going to vote no to article 50

No but these are the same economists that also predicted that after the leave vote we would be in high inflation and that the economies of the EU are also doing well.

I don't see how we're going to avoid some increase in inflation.

I'm on your side as you know, but we shouldn't overdo it.

No but these are the same economists that also predicted that after the leave vote we would be in high inflation and that the economies of the EU are also doing well.

---------- Post added 15-11-2016 at 15:11 ----------

Only if you say so.

No you said it.. you said the articles were good news I asked why and you said because it shows that forecasting is inaccurate.

Let me ask the remain voters.

Let us suppose that the vote had gone your way, but that the UK government had decided to honour those who voted to leave by making arrangements to withdraw from the customs union (and the EU internal "single" market) but retain voting rights at the council and representation in the European Parliament.

Would you judge that the result of the referendum had been honoured in this case?

Let me ask the remain voters.

Let us suppose that the vote had gone your way, but that the UK government had decided to honour those who voted to leave by making arrangements to withdraw from the customs union (and the EU internal "single" market) but retain voting rights at the council and representation in the European Parliament.

Would you judge that the result of the referendum had been honoured in this case?

The problem is that nothing that specific had been proposed for "exit" in any sort of coherent way.. so it's reasonable to assume that people voted "exit" for different reasons..there was never a list of "Vote exit and get this,this,this and this"

The problem is that nothing that specific had been proposed for "exit" in any sort of coherent way..

You didn't answer the question.

You think we should accept a partial leave. The single market, ECJ and customs union have long since been absorbed into the EU (by the later treaties) and if we remain part of any of those we remain partly in the EU.

Would you have accepted being partly removed from the EU had you won the vote?

You didn't answer the question.

You think we should accept a partial leave. The single market, ECJ and customs union have long since been absorbed into the EU (by the later treaties) and if we remain part of any of those we remain partly in the EU.

Would you have accepted being partly removed from the EU had you won the vote?

Are you suggesting that everyone who voted "exit" wanted total separation from the EU?

Are you suggesting that everyone who voted "exit" wanted total separation from the EU?

The single market, ECJ and customs union have long since been absorbed into the EU (by the later treaties) and if we remain part of any of those we remain partly in the EU.

This is probably why both the campaigns stated that leave meant leaving these arrangements.

Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland are partly in the EU. We voted out of the EU. Not partly out, but out.

And you've still not answered the question.

Edited by unbeliever

Unbeliever is right here I think. The vote asked did you want to leave the EU, Yes or No. The single market and so are a part of the EU therefore it must be implied that a vote that says yes to leave means all of it.

Hindsight is a superb thing, and it's bloody obvious now that the referendum was far too simplistic, but it's done now so let's get on with it. In a horrible petulantly childish moment, there's a fine chance the majority of the people who voted to leave because of 'them muslims' are the ones who are more likely to be royally screwed financially if there is a crash (nothing is guaranteed anymore I'm learning!) and a small part of me will be glad. I hope everyone comes out of this better off both financially and socially than we are now but the realist in my think those who can least afford it will be the ones who are shafted once again even though they thought somehow leaving the EU would make things better for them.

Edited by sgtkate

Unbeliever is right here I think. The vote asked did you want to leave the EU, Yes or No. The single market and so are a part of the EU therefore it must be implied that a vote that says yes to leave means all of it.

Hindsight is a superb thing, and it's bloody obvious now that the referendum was far too simplistic, but it's done now so let's get on with it.

I've no problem getting on with it...they just can't decide what "it" is... :)