50 mps going to vote no to article 50

I actually feel the same and I lay the blame at the remainers who bought the recent court case in regards to article 50.

Are you blaming all remainers for bringing a court case half us didn't know about?

I thought it was poor form to start heaping blame on a group of people because of the actions of a few.

Are you blaming all remainers for bringing a court case half us didn't know about?

I thought it was poor form to start heaping blame on a group of people because of the actions of a few.

I blame the Remainers who bought the court case regarding article 50 as it is now causing uncertainty.

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 13:04 ----------

So really you'd have preferred to ignore the law and leave creating an even bigger constitutional crisis?

This court case is just causing a delay and uncertainty which is actually causing more harm than good.

This is were the term remoaner comes in, remainers are people that voted remain but accept the decision made by the majority and accept that a vote to leave the EU means leaving it in its entirety, not stay half in half out. These people will represent the majority of remain voters and based on the posts on here I would put sgtkate into that category.

Remoaners are people that voted remain but don't accept the decision or don't accept that leaving means leaving the EU entirely, they want to remain in through the back door and will do anything to stop us leaving, I would say this group represents a minority of remain voters but the majority of remain MP's.

I don't think they will try to block article 50, but they will try to stay in the EU through the back door, many MP's are so out of touch with the electorate and blind to what their constituents voted for, and hold the belief that they know best. They will try to keep us in in the belief that that is what most people want.

I agree in that its very unlikely that they will vote to block the implementation of A50. Basically we have the almost same numbers who want to block it as wanted to block having a referendum when debated and voted for in parliament. In that case I think it was 6:1 for holding the referendum. If A50 gets approval and an act of parliament created then parliament may not get a say on the terms of leaving.

Edited by apelike

This is were the term remoaner comes in, remainers are people that voted remain but accept the decision made by the majority and accept that a vote to leave the EU means leaving it in its entirety, not stay half in half out. These people will represent the majority of remain voters and based on the posts on here I would put sgtkate into that category.

Remoaners are people that voted remain but don't accept the decision or don't accept that leaving means leaving the EU entirely, they want to remain in through the back door and will do anything to stop us leaving, I would say this group represents a minority of remain voters but the majority of remain MP's.

With the greatest respect, I would suggest that we will get a more constructive debate if we refrain from referring to our opponents as "remoaners". They have specifically asked that we don't use that term and I think it good form to accommodate them.

Otherwise I would like to reinforce the point above by pointing out that if we retain part-membership of the EU then we have not in any literal sense "left".

The vote was to leave. So there is a string pedantic case for full/hard Brexit similar to the one in defence of soft/half Brexit.

The EU is made up of a number of institutions. The council, commission and parliament are such institutions. But so are the internal "single" market, the customs union and the ECJ. These are not independent European organisations (such as the ECHR) but they are in fact part of the EU.

Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Lichtenstein are partial "associate" members of the EU.

The later EU treaties absorbed the EU precursor organisations into the EU. So whilst some of them predate the EU, they are now very much part of it and it is quite incorrect to argue that a nation can be a member of one or more of these EU organisations and yet at the same time have "left" the EU.

I do understand the argument for soft Brexit, and perhaps it should have been on offer, but it was not and so pursue it now would be to reject the referendum result.

With the greatest respect, I would suggest that we will get a more constructive debate if we refrain from referring to our opponents as "remoaners". They have specifically asked that we don't use that term and I think it good form to accommodate them.

But if I don't use that term 16,141,241 will think I am talking about them, when in fact I am only talking about remainers that are now moaning about the result and insist we stay in through the back door.

sgtkate is clearly a remainer whilst I1L2T3 is cleary a remaoner.

Edited by Petminder

I blame the Remainers who bought the court case[/b][/u] regarding article 50 as it is now causing uncertainty.

I blame the government for not being more transparent about what their plans are (or for having any plans in the first place) - this is causing uncertainty.

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 15:25 ----------

Do the MP's that vote to block the Article 50 vote against the publics wish on Brexit think they will get in at the next election?

Quite probably as they may well be reflecting the wishes of THEIR electorate.

Remeber the national vote was not done on constituency grounds and therefore MPs may well be encouraged to reflect the wishes of their electrate rather than being sheep and following the overall (37%) majority.

I blame the government for not being more transparent about what their plans are (or for having any plans in the first place) - this is causing uncertainty.

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 15:25 ----------

Quite probably as they may well be reflecting the wishes of THEIR electorate.

Remeber the national vote was not done on constituency grounds and therefore MPs may well be encouraged to reflect the wishes of their electrate rather than being sheep and following the overall (37%) majority.

your right it was not, but it was done on areas,