50 mps going to vote no to article 50

Anyone from Firth Park or Page Hall like to comment on the advantage of having local boy David Blunkett as their local MP?

to be honest no too sure what you are referring to in them areas, never been to firth park since the boating lake went.

to be honest no too sure what you are referring to in them areas, never been to firth park since the boating lake went.

Off the top of my head Blunkett is the only MP I know of that represented in parliament his own neck of the woods. I'm sure there have been others but I can't immediately recall any.

So I'm asking anyone who lives in parts of his constituency (it initially being Brightside then Brightside Hillsborough and includes Firth Park, Page Hall and, I think, Burngreave) if it was a benefit that he knows the area well. Or might a carpet-bagger have done just as well or badly depending how you see it.

Was I too subtle for you Phil?

Off the top of my head Blunkett is the only MP I know of that represented in parliament his own neck of the woods. I'm sure there have been others but I can't immediately recall any.

So I'm asking anyone who lives in parts of his constituency (it initially being Brightside then Brightside Hillsborough and includes Firth Park, Page Hall and, I think, Burngreave) if it was a benefit that he knows the area well. Or might a carpet-bagger have done just as well or badly depending how you see it.

Was I too subtle for you Phil?

guess so i was waiting for a "hook" :hihi:

i know, unfortunately yes

Hmm...he wasn't an MP quite as long as I thought he was. So was I. Just about. For some reason I thought he'd become an MP in '83 with The Corbynator. But no, 'twas '87.

Edited by Santo