50 mps going to vote no to article 50

May has collective responsibility as a member of the cabinet and the remain campaign at the time to honour the promise.

The worst case in terms of trade with Europe is WTO MFN rules. That's not scary. No deal is fine. Even the "vote remain or the puppy gets it" experts trotted out endlessly before the vote will tell you that.

We're talking here about possibly a reduced rate of growth over the next several years. Possibly. That's if you believe the economic predictions of people who've called it completely wrong so far. No recession. No catastrophe. No war, pestilence, famine or floods.

The UK people want control of their own affairs. We do not want to collectivise with the rest of the continent. We don't dislike them, we just want the freedom to differ in various ways.

And of course. We won. And I don't believe any of the remain folk who say that they're trying to carry out the wishes of the people. You're not. You want to salvage as much EU membership as you can because that's what you believe in.

Well you lost. So no.

So if there is an election before we leave for what ever reason and labour win (yeah I know we're into the realm of fantasy here) you'd expect a labour pm to honour a Tory promise?

---------- Post added 12-11-2016 at 13:14 ----------

We leave the EU and take back full control of the money we send, our laws and end the free movement of people.

Ok. But the EU are throwing the toys out - they're sending all the expats back from France and Spain and the rest of the EU. Those people are going to lose a lot of money. Are we going to do the same?

Ok professor describe full brexit to me. The absolute best case scenario, which of course the EU will agree to without question.

The best case would be an agreement with the EU not to impose tariffs on each other. An agreement not to show bias against UK service providers would be nice in principle, but they don't obey that now so I don't see the point.

So if there is an election before we leave for what ever reason and labour win (yeah I know we're into the realm of fantasy here) you'd expect a labour pm to honour a Tory promise?

I would expect a labour pm to honour the wishes of the people, if they didn't they would become unelectable for generations.

The best case would be an agreement with the EU not to impose tariffs on each other. An agreement not to show bias against UK service providers would be nice in principle, but they don't obey that now so I don't see the point.

Ah, so even if there is a full brexit, there's a best case and worst case. Thank god for a bit of reason.

They voted for the referendum and participated in both campaigns, so yes.

The leader of the leave campaign was Gisela Stewart who is a Labour MP.

---------- Post added 12-11-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Ok. But the EU are throwing the toys out - they're sending all the expats back from France and Spain and the rest of the EU. Those people are going to lose a lot of money. Are we going to do the same?

If the EU send all the British people back to the UK we would have to reciprocate.

Ah, so even if there is a full brexit, there's a best case and worst case. Thank god for a bit of reason.

Sure. But the worst case is WTO MFN rules which leaves us with negligible tariffs on most goods (we're a net importer of goods so we're actually quids in with that), and no tariffs on services (that's where we have a surplus).

So the "worst" case is actually rather rosy.