Giving money to supermarket charity collectors

By that, I mean the various charity collectors who are at the entrance/exits to supermarkets. Now, how many of us do not carry cash around? Quite a few, as it is so easy to shop and pay by card. I have suggested to a couple of supermarkets that, as you check out, they could add whatever you choose to the bill, and the supermarket would pay over to the charity at the end of the day. All they need would be a barcode at the tills to swipe.

I feel so guilty at times, even though I may have already donated at another place.

Thumbs up or down to this idea Forummers?

By that, I mean the various charity collectors who are at the entrance/exits to supermarkets. Now, how many of us do not carry cash around? Quite a few, as it is so easy to shop and pay by card. I have suggested to a couple of supermarkets that, as you check out, they could add whatever you choose to the bill, and the supermarket would pay over to the charity at the end of the day. All they need would be a barcode at the tills to swipe.

I feel so guilty at times, even though I may have already donated at another place.

Thumbs up or down to this idea Forummers?

Nothing to feel guilty about. I never feel guilty when I say I don't need any help with my packing, when some children's football team are trying to raise money for a new kit. If they offered to clean my car, then I would be happy to make a donation.

I thought everyone carried at least some cash about. How do you pay to park your car ?