Considering a motorbike

I have a big heavy 750 bobber and love it ! Yes its dangerous out there, yes i have nearly been killed on it a few times, i will not live in fear of death epecially doing what i love so if it happens so be it, anybody that does i pitty them.

All well and good but unless you are entirely alone in the world, what you feel about your own demise is eclipsed by what your loved ones would feel if you were no longer there. It's your life but spare a thought for those who love, and depend on you.

All well and good but unless you are entirely alone in the world, what you feel about your own demise is eclipsed by what your loved ones would feel if you were no longer there. It's your life but spare a thought for those who love, and depend on you.

I have trimmed down that list to the people I know will want me to enjoy life! ;)

On a serious note - that is what kept me from doing it for 20 years, my wife does not like the idea, but she realises (finally???) that I am a very safe driver and will not do anything to jeopardise myself.

I have trimmed down that list to the people I know will want me to enjoy life! ;)

On a serious note - that is what kept me from doing it for 20 years, my wife does not like the idea, but she realises (finally???) that I am a very safe driver and will not do anything to jeopardise myself.

If your good lady had been my co-pilot today on a run down to Kent and back via Birmingham she would put a pin in this motorcycle lark tout suit. All the fun awful drivers but with added heavy showers, wind and darkness. Oh fun we had.

Absolutely Tim. If we all stopped doing anything with risk we'd never leave our bed. But there is the chance of suffocating on the duvet I suppose...all things have risk, it's about weighing up the reasons for doing the action versus the risk. Biking is amazing fun so for me would always be worth the risk. For others maybe not. I don't have a bike currently as I have a baby who can't go on the bike with me! When she's old enough to do so I might reconsider.

Absolutely Tim. If we all stopped doing anything with risk we'd never leave our bed. But there is the chance of suffocating on the duvet I suppose...all things have risk, it's about weighing up the reasons for doing the action versus the risk. Biking is amazing fun so for me would always be worth the risk. For others maybe not. I don't have a bike currently as I have a baby who can't go on the bike with me! When she's old enough to do so I might reconsider.

What happened to those brilliant bikes with a side carriage? That was my first experience of a bike, my uncle took me for a spin and I absolutely loved it as a 5 year old!