Whats Farage up to??

He wants a job and at the moment has the gratitude and trust (as far as he gives it) of Trump. That puts him in a unique position, but I doubt elected politicians here will wnat to deal with him.

How will Trump benefit when he becomes President by a friendship with Nigel Farage ?

All Trump was doing when he met Farage was thanking him for his help during his election campaign. As far as Trump his concerned Farage has served his purpose.

How will Trump benefit when he becomes President by a friendship with Nigel Farage ?

All Trump was doing when he met Farage was thanking him for his help during his election campaign. As far as Trump his concerned Farage has served his purpose.

We dont know whats gone on between the two of them, but he was a supporter, when people were abandoning him.

Apparently Farage my talk Trumps language and they have similar ideas. he cna give a Farage insight into the UK and the EU. Ofc it will be the Farage version, but I suspect loyalty rides high on Trumps agenda.

You dont know the rest. It looked like Farage was angling for a job. It wouldnt surprise me if he gets one, even if its just with the Trump organsation.

We dont know whats gone on between the two of them, but he was a supporter, when people were abandoning him.

Apparently Farage my talk Trumps language and they have similar ideas. he cna give a Farage insight into the UK and the EU. Ofc it will be the Farage version, but I suspect loyalty rides high on Trumps agenda.

You dont know the rest. It looked like Farage was angling for a job. It wouldnt surprise me if he gets one, even if its just with the Trump organsation.

You're missing the point which is Donald Trump no longer requires the services of Nigel Farage. The last thing Nigel Farage needs is a proper job.

Not just remainers - he couldnt win a carefully selected seat at a general election. Even the majority of his would-be constiuents think hes a tool. I wouldnt let him run a village fete.

Why would he be bothered about being an MP. He's an MEP isn't he and earns rather more than British MPs. If he were a UKIP MP all he would be is a minor thorn in the government with less influence than Tim Farron. As an MEP he gets to rattle the cages of the EU commissioners, ensuring they will be glad to see the back of him and the rest of the UK MEPs.

With all honestly I was surprised by your comments. I may post things that are a bit close to the line sometimes but I wouldn't have considered many things I post as childish unless I'm intending to be to make a point. WRT Page Hall thread, I suspect you may have misread my posts or misunderstood my point. And on this thread I'm really not sure what you think was childish?

I suppose the engagements off then. My missus was looking forward to the first SF wedding, I told her not to buy that hat, but will she listen?

She was just the same when we got that letter saying we'd won a million quid.

Given who he chosen for his chief of staff and chief strategist I think he's very keen on loyalty.

Why would he be bothered about being an MP. He's an MEP isn't he and earns rather more than British MPs. If he were a UKIP MP all he would be is a minor thorn in the government with less influence than Tim Farron. As an MEP he gets to rattle the cages of the EU commissioners, ensuring they will be glad to see the back of him and the rest of the UK MEPs.

Then why spend time and money to become an MP then? That makes no sense. Given, at the time when a coalition would have been a possibility, had he been an MP he could have been deputy PM (now that's a scary thought).

It's like asking a girl out, getting knocked back and going "well I didn't like you that much anyway." Schoolyard stuff.

Farage is a tireless self-publicist. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's sticking his oar into anything that he feels will up his personal kudos rating.

As long as the Trump camp understand that he doesn't speak for the British government then that is fine and he can big himself up to them in any way he chooses. I certainly wouldn't be taking him seriously in their place.

Yes you are right he does not speak for the government, yet. However he formed a very powerful pressure group that made Cameron do a u-turn on giving the British people a vote on the EU.

I would take him seriously and don't underestimate him.