Whats Farage up to??

That's the remoaners belief.

Ok, so what's your version of Brexit? Then I'll go and ask Penistone and see if you align which I highly doubt. No-one is saying those who voted for Brexit are dumb or all resemble sheep, but voting to the leave EU and voting for how to leave the EU are 2 very different things and that's the current problem. Whilst on 1 level I would love for the result to be blocked by parliament, because let's be honest who wouldn't want a vote that didn't go their way to be overturned, but I think it would be incredibly unwise and dangerous, exactly the same if we voted to remain but parliament took us out anyway.

Ok, so what's your version of Brexit? Then I'll go and ask Penistone and see if you align which I highly doubt. No-one is saying those who voted for Brexit are dumb or all resemble sheep, but voting to the leave EU and voting for how to leave the EU are 2 very different things and that's the current problem. Whilst on 1 level I would love for the result to be blocked by parliament, because let's be honest who wouldn't want a vote that didn't go their way to be overturned, but I think it would be incredibly unwise and dangerous, exactly the same if we voted to remain but parliament took us out anyway.

Leave the EU and end the free movement of people, take back full control of the money we send, our own law making and own immigration policy.

Leave the EU and end the free movement of people, take back full control of the money we send, our own law making and own immigration policy.

Canada and USA have a common border. We have to pass through border control to enter and leave USA. I work in USA but need a permit. We trade perfectly freely but don't have to be governed by them and don't pay them money just because they happen to be next door. More importantly we aren't governed by whatever idiot they decide to put in charge .

Edited by lizmachin

Canada and USA have a common border. We have to pass through border control to enter and leave USA. I work in USA but need a permit. We trade perfectly freely but don't have to be governed by them and don't pay them money just because they happen to be next door. More importantly we aren't governed by whatever idiot they decide to put in charge .

That sounds like a reasonable arrangement which is beneficial to both countries.

Ok, so if I go and ask Boris Johnson what his vision of post-EU means he'd say that would he? Probably not. And that's the issue with anything without a clear meaning, not just Brexit. Your view is a clear one. the government's is not.

Has no-one told you yet that the San Juan Islands you claim to live in are actually part of Washington, the US state and not Canada?

Ok, so if I go and ask Boris Johnson what his vision of post-EU means he'd say that would he? Probably not. And that's the issue with anything without a clear meaning, not just Brexit. Your view is a clear one. the government's is not.

It would be more detailed but essentially the same, he would take back control of the money, our law making and end the free movement of people.

I cant see what you are worried about.

1. We are bound to leave the EU as in ceasing to be a member.

2. Free movement of people will happen if we hard brexit and dont put something else in place. That is where the givernment comes in and what it decides to negotiate. Boris and david Davies are in charge of that and they are both hard brexiters. They have to decide if they are gloing to try any reciprocal immigration agreement. If they say no, then the EU will similarly say no for an UK citizens whishing to work in the EU, which is where both sides would lose.

3. Yes we will no longer be required to pay according to EU treaties, but we will if we decide we wish to be within the single market.

4. Our own law making ofc that will happen as we will no longer be in the EU.

5. Our own immigration policy, then yes as it will be part of 4, but depends on 2 and what is negotiated.

Personally i'm more bothered about the economy.

Lets see what the politicians come up with.

---------- Post added 15-11-2016 at 19:03 ----------

The problem is that plenty of people had different view or didnt want to discuss what brexit meant other than ceasing to be a member. Its the strategy of the UK govt to play it close to their chest as they wish to negotiate. All very secret. Not everyone who voted brexit wnated the same things and they were only polled on ceasing to be a member, not what would replace it. Brexit means brexit is a meaningless phrase invented by politicians to pretend they have a plan , when it seems they do not.