When will the political right change/learn?

I would ask however, that if schools are doing so well, why would they want to change them yet again and bring back Grammar schools. They seem to be in a constant state of flux with changes brought in by every new government / education minister.

What progressive thinking has an institutionalized politician, like Corbyn got.

Much as I think the Tories are in it for themselves, I think Cameron was an heir to Blair, someone that could talk people around.

With May in charge, all it will take is a good opposition.

Bringing back grammar schools, a backward step. Local authorities being undermined by having very little control over our schools.

Grammar schools reward and the brightest , most talented kids . Just how it should be. Every school should be a Grammar school .

---------- Post added 14-11-2016 at 21:25 ----------

Much as I think the Tories are in it for themselves, I think Cameron was an heir to Blair, someone that could talk people around.

With May in charge, all it will take is a good opposition.

The Tories have NO opposition ,and the next GE will be a walkover.

In this country, they don't change but they do learn.

But, that's after a war when the electorate sweep a new government into Office cos people are fed up with the old ways. They, the right, then learn and claim they can run the new system better than those who brought it in. It may even have a grain of truth in it.

The Left for new progressive thinking.

The Right for practical, dog eat dog, what we have we hold, thinking.

It just depends on what kind of person you are............

What progressive thinking has an institutionalized politician, like Corbyn got.

If you are a 'right' thanks for conforming to my assertion.

But, you didn't say anything, you just questioned, even if it was rhetorical. Added nothing, proposed nothing merely sniped at the edge without challenging the basic opinion. Very practical reserving your position while having a pop.

As I said - It depends on what kind of person you are.

not sure it will be

If Brexit lingers on, UKIP could be a game changer.

---------- Post added 14-11-2016 at 23:00 ----------

In this country, they don't change but they do learn.

But, that's after a war when the electorate sweep a new government into Office cos people are fed up with the old ways. They, the right, then learn and claim they can run the new system better than those who brought it in. It may even have a grain of truth in it.

The Left for new progressive thinking.

The Right for practical, dog eat dog, what we have we hold, thinking.

It just depends on what kind of person you are............

If you are a 'right' thanks for conforming to my assertion.

But, you didn't say anything, you just questioned, even if it was rhetorical. Added nothing, proposed nothing merely sniped at the edge without challenging the basic opinion. Very practical reserving your position while having a pop.

As I said - It depends on what kind of person you are.

Did you see Corbyn on Sunday politics, he had nothing to say other than left wing rhetoric, when asked about Immigration he just went into a last Tory government bash. Listening to him is like listening to a school teacher telling you what to think, rather than listening what people who want to support him feel think. He is no better than the rest of the career politician.

If Brexit lingers on, UKIP could be a game changer.

---------- Post added 14-11-2016 at 23:00 ----------

Did you see Corbyn on Sunday politics, he had nothing to say other than left wing rhetoric, when asked about Immigration he just went into a last Tory government bash. Listening to him is like listening to a school teacher telling you what to think, rather than listening what people who want to support him feel think. He is no better than the rest of the career politician.

This is quite funny. What did you expect him to say? The fact that we have had right wing rhetoric for so long (including the Blair years,) makes his 'left wing rhetoric' new and him different for a start.

I didn't see the programme but I guess his thoughts simply contrasted with yours, the same as Cameron's used to with me. However I do think he listens rather better than most politicians and generally tries to take the concerns of Britain's citizens on board rather better than politicians have for a long time. But then I would think that wouldn't I?

But I can assure you that is my opinion, no one else's. No one, not even Jeremy Corbyn, tells me what to think.

This is quite funny. What did you expect him to say? The fact that we have had right wing rhetoric for so long (including the Blair years,) makes his 'left wing rhetoric' new and him different for a start.

I didn't see the programme but I guess his thoughts simply contrasted with yours, the same as Cameron's used to with me. However I do think he listens rather better than most politicians and generally tries to take the concerns of Britain's citizens on board rather better than politicians have for a long time. But then I would think that wouldn't I?

But I can assure you that is my opinion, no one else's. No one, not even Jeremy Corbyn, tells me what to think.

no you quite wrong, it was with his dismemberment of the topic of immigration totally that was eye opening.

I don't know, policy? Ideas? Labour since brown have been big on "sorry" (sorry about the economy, sorry about all the foreigners) but not big on anything new, anything that can get a country behind him. That's why trump, and to a lesser extent brexit have done so well - they aren't promising a brave new world, they're taking us back to when things were "better".

There aren't any new ideas left in politics, unless corbyn has a doozy up his sleeve. But he'll need to find something.