Most spectacular supermoon since 1948.

The most spectacular supermoon since 1948 will light up the sky, appearing 14 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter than usual.

The event on Monday November 14 - described as "undeniably beautiful" by American space agency Nasa - is the result of the moon coming closer to Earth than it has done for 69 years.

So as anyone seen it, I've just been out and its no bigger than usual and I have definitely seen it appear much bigger and brighter than it is now.

Very disappointing.

The most spectacular supermoon since 1948 will light up the sky, appearing 14 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter than usual.

The event on Monday November 14 - described as "undeniably beautiful" by American space agency Nasa - is the result of the moon coming closer to Earth than it has done for 69 years.

So as anyone seen it, I've just been out and its no bigger than usual and I have definitely seen it appear much bigger and brighter than it is now.

Very disappointing.

I agree, decided to agree to let the wife close the curtains.

everyone seems to have got a bit over excited over this and i'm not really sure why. the less excitable coverage did point out that it would look little different to an ordinary full moon

the moon nearly always looks bigger when it's low in the sky but that's an optical illusion

the moon always looks spectacular to me but then i'm part lycanthrope.