Fixing a sinkhole- the Japanese way

Day three, and the Amey workforce have just picked up the orange plastic fence surrounding the hole where the wobbly kerb stone was and re-erected it. I suspect it will shortly blow away in pretty much the same direction as some of their No Parking signs (and the wheelie bins). You can bet the Japanese weren't hampered with 30mph winds.

Day three, and the Amey workforce have just picked up the orange plastic fence surrounding the hole where the wobbly kerb stone was and re-erected it. I suspect it will shortly blow away in pretty much the same direction as some of their No Parking signs (and the wheelie bins). You can bet the Japanese weren't hampered with 30mph winds.

:roll:

Day 3, 11:06am in the AB house...

... Mr Alco continues to keep forum members up to date with the slow progress of the road works currently affecting the residents at Area Fifty One and a Half... :P

Yes exactly the same on my road and we cannot park for 5 days!

It's taken Amey two days so far just to replace a kerb stone on my road. So far, they've dug the old one up and put an orange plastic fence round the hole. The fence has since fallen over.

How many men did it take to pick said item up and how many watched ?

We have a little subsidence on a road near us. Traffic lights were put up, single track put in force. Almost 12 months later - still exactly the same.

If the road had sunk by a few feet, it might have had an effect on getting the job done quickly perhaps. But you would be hard pressed to see the "problem" it's that slight, a minor dip in the road.

Angel1.

It took two years to fix the road collapse at middlewood after the floods.I am led to believe that most of that time was taken up by the council arguing about who was going to pay for it.They must be better organised in japan.Heres another road they repaired super quick.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369307/Japan-tsunami-earthquake-Road-repaired-SIX-days-destroyed.html