Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Couldn't agree more. Yes the trees will take time to develop but isn't it about time Generation Selfish - those who want to keep a nice mature tree and pass the cost of road works onto the next generation, give young people a break?

Hello.

You have that rather backwards. It would be selfish to destroy an asset to prevent future generations enjoying its benefit.

With regards to cost: The contract with Amey is at a fixed price and has 20 years remaining.

And Cllr Lodge has often stated "The truth is, the costs associated with removing an existing tree followed by sourcing, planting and maintaining a replacement are greater than those associated with maintenance of a mature tree."

Hello.

You have that rather backwards. It would be selfish to destroy an asset to prevent future generations enjoying its benefit.

With regards to cost: The contract with Amey is at a fixed price and has 20 years remaining.

And Cllr Lodge has often stated "The truth is, the costs associated with removing an existing tree followed by sourcing, planting and maintaining a replacement are greater than those associated with maintenance of a mature tree."

Another statement from Cllr Lodge that I don't entirely believe.

It would of course be true if you include the lifetime maintenance of the replacement, but the more expensive maintenance works won't be required until after the contract with AMEY ends.

Couldn't agree more. Yes the trees will take time to develop but isn't it about time Generation Selfish - those who want to keep a nice mature tree and pass the cost of road works onto the next generation, give young people a break?

Isn't enough to have made massive profits from property, benefitted from free higher education, had triple lock pensions untouched despite every other section of society suffering from cuts - especially young people?

What are you blathering on about? Generation selfish? Is someone bitter about having a crappy job and not being able to afford a house??

People of all ages, including young people are trying to save the perfectly healthy trees for everyone, nothing to do with houses or pensions. You should be bitter about the fact that you are paying for Amey to make massive profits by chopping down perfectly healthy trees because it is easier and cheaper than looking after them.

I have very clearly stated why that is the reason in number of times.

The stated aim of the ribbons is to highlight which trees are due to be felled. Nothing more, nothing less.

And yet you still can't see how misleading that is to the wider public?! "We're not arguing that this tree shouldn't be felled but we'll stick a ribbon on it which is associated with our campaign to stop trees being felled"

The stated aim of the ribbons is to highlight which trees are due to be felled. Nothing more, nothing less.

And yet you still can't see how misleading that is to the wider public?! "We're not arguing that this tree shouldn't be felled but we'll stick a ribbon on it which is associated with our campaign to stop trees being felled"

Please refer to posts #922, #924, #926, #928 and #930.

What are you blathering on about? Generation selfish? Is someone bitter about having a crappy job and not being able to afford a house??

People of all ages, including young people are trying to save the perfectly healthy trees for everyone, nothing to do with houses or pensions. You should be bitter about the fact that you are paying for Amey to make massive profits by chopping down perfectly healthy trees because it is easier and cheaper than looking after them.

Worked hard to get a pretty good job and get on property ladder actually thanks.

I'm raising this because I sense in some cases there is an aspect of nimbyism and selfishness involved in the campaign to save trees, similar to that I see regarding the construction of new schools. I shouldn't have generalised about an entire generation but hey ho we all get frustrated at times.

It's only misleading to those members of the wider public who aren't aware of the stated aims and go on to make an incorrect assumption.

And given the number of times the stated aims have been re-stated on this thread, there's certainly no excuse for misunderstandings here.

Will it help if it's posted bigger?

It's only misleading to those members of the wider public who aren't aware of the stated aims and go on to make an incorrect assumption.

And given the number of times the stated aims have been re-stated on this thread, there's certainly no excuse for misunderstandings here.

Will it help if it's posted bigger?

Quite happy to be proved wrong but I can't find these stated aims on STAG's website, I've looked under petitions and local campaigns as well as other parts of the website.

I'd expect given how well known these stated aims are that they would be easily found on the organisation's website.

Quite happy to be proved wrong but I can't find these stated aims on STAG's website, I've looked under petitions and local campaigns as well as other parts of the website.

I'd expect given how well known these stated aims are that they would be easily found on the organisation's website.

I've no idea if they're on STAG's website, but, as you can see, they're certainly posted many, many times on this thread, so, hopefully any confusion here can now be ended :)

I've no idea if they're on STAG's website, but, as you can see, they're certainly posted many, many times on this thread, so, hopefully any confusion here can now be ended :)

They are posted many times on here, but are those responsible for the posts spokespeople for STAG? They've not identified themselves as such when informing us about the group's stated aims?

I'm not being obtuse, it's a genuine question.