Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Its funny that wasnt mentioned in their own experts report that was sneaked out 15 minutes before they dropped the trees.

More lies for this Liebour council to go with the sly, underhand, deceitful way they have done this . .

Yet, i suppose the same old people will vote this lying council back in at the next local elections.

This just a day after the council lost the city its purpose built HS2 station.

Well done SCC

Didn't someone say they had the report for a few months, but only made it public that morning?

Nope. I choose to live in a conservation area so stuff like this can't happen. There are Tree Preservation Orders in place.

I'm afraid Tree Preservation Orders don't stop the council if they want to remove them. TPO's are to stop residents from felling trees without permission from the council.

Its funny that wasnt mentioned in their own experts report that was sneaked out 15 minutes before they dropped the trees.

More lies for this Liebour council to go with the sly, underhand, deceitful way they have done this . .

Yet, i suppose the same old people will vote this lying council back in at the next local elections.

Well done SCC

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 15:06 ----------

My mother lives in Stocksbridge and her street had the new street lights installed in May . There are six lights on her street . Only two days after being installed , THREE of them stopped working making it very dark and a burglars paradise . My mother has rung and reported the lights on no fewer than 14 occasions ,and other people on the road likewise. Amey came out three weeks after she first reported it and they ligths came back on for one night before going off again. We are now in November and the three lights are still out.

a little off topic I know but who do Amey have to answer to? is it the council ? are there any penalty clauses , such as time limits on certain jobs where if a job takes longer or the work is not up to scratch then the council can fine them ? do the council check up on Ameys work or are Amey a law to themselves that can ride roughshod over Sheffield ?

Well done SCC

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 15:06 ----------

My mother lives in Stocksbridge and her street had the new street lights installed in May . There are six lights on her street . Only two days after being installed , THREE of them stopped working making it very dark and a burglars paradise . My mother has rung and reported the lights on no fewer than 14 occasions ,and other people on the road likewise. Amey came out three weeks after she first reported it and they ligths came back on for one night before going off again. We are now in November and the three lights are still out.

There's no rhyme nor reason about the lighting situation.

I live in Ecclesall & had new street lights installed last year.

They removed the existing one from outside our neighbour's house & installed a new one on the opposite side close to another.

Now there are no lights from No.19 down to No.39 whereas on the other side of the road there is one outside No. 34 & another at No. 38?

I queried this pointing out it was dark on our side now.

They sent someone out who said it was fine & was light enough.

When I rang to see when he'd come down to inspect they said Tuesday afternoon

:wink:

Other councils don't seem to have a problem with breaking their contracts with Amey. But apparently Sheffield Council would face a bill of £153 trillion (I exaggerate, but not as much as Julie Dore) if they told Amey to take a hike.

So they are happy to embarrass themselves in the global media and put SY Police back in the spotlight rather than standing up to Amey. One could almost suspect the passing of brown envelopes. :suspect:

---------- Post added 18-11-2016 at 17:55 ----------

A company that knows how to do stuff properly would do the work for a fraction of the price and probably ten times quicker.

Also, anyone know how much Amey charged to needlessly fell the trees on Rustlings Road?

Funny handshakes? :huh:

They do know how to do stuff properly....the stuff being taking public money and making a private profit.

From cutting trees to installing lighting and resurfacing roads they seem to really drag it out and take their time I had a lamppost put outside my house there had never been one there before and they dug a channel for electrics all the way along the pavement and left it there for 10 weeks! The roads around me were planed and dug up and left for a week before they were resurfaced.

The way the council carry on here is just crazy