Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

But the police have to ensure that workers can go about their lawful business. Folk on here might think the tree felling is immoral, but it is at least lawful.

These two quotes here should be copied and given to student essay writers... with 'Discuss' at the end. :hihi:

If anyone's going out carol singing this year, can I offer some new, topical lyrics to John Rutter's Star Carol:

See a tree,

Green and Brown.

Amey come,

Chop it down.

I've just looked out of my window...

...it would appear they've missed a hell of a lot of 'em...

If anyone's going out carol singing this year, can I offer some new, topical lyrics to John Rutter's Star Carol:

See a tree,

Green and Brown.

Amey come,

Chop it down.

Not a new idea.

"I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again" [in the early 1970s] mocked HMG's slogan

Plant a tree in '73

by suggesting

Buy a saw in '74.

• 2 weeks later...

For your information, all of the trees that are due to be felled, after failing certain criteria, are highlighted on this excellent map:

https://sheffieldtreemap.wordpress.com/

Trees are clickable and include species, replacement species and reason for felling. Some are entirely justified, others less so.

People need to begin to see this as the city-wide issue that it is, rather than a responsive 'they're felling trees in my back yard'...