Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Sorry, I may not have quoted you in so the replies weren't directly addressed to you, but I was referring to your example, which I said must be an extreme case, when I stated that the removal of trees that are causing significant, unrectifiable damage might be the only appropriate course of action, and when I agreed with the sentiments of other posters that have said the same thing.

No problem!

Are you claiming that it is cheaper to replace a gritstone kerbstone than to leave it where it is?

Cheaper for whom?

If it can be sold for more than the cost of replacing it, then it's profitable.

In much the same way that my TV could be replaced by a contractor with a much inferior model and sold for a profit. It's not "cheaper", but they do make a profit.

It comes back to what the contract says. If they are AMEY's to sell, then there's no problem.

Apart from the massive conflict of interest that we keep pointing out to you. :huh:

The natural stone kerbs on the roads that Amey have re-surfaced appear to have been retained, or has anyone noticed any replacements?

I can confirm that on the stretch of Hangingwater Road between Oakbrook Road and Carr Bank Lane, the old stone kerbstones were retained. On the next stretch of the same road, between Carr Bank Lane and Whiteley Woods Road, the stone kerbs were replaced with modern concrete kerbs.

Breaking news: The charges against the Chippinghouse Road 7 have been dropped.

It seems that doing nothing illegal is not an arrestable offence.

Whilst SYP are getting enough of a kicking lately and I'm not normally condone furthering their misery, but I really hope charges are brought against them for unlawful detainment.

Breaking news: The charges against the Chippinghouse Road 7 have been dropped.

It seems that doing nothing illegal is not an arrestable offence.

Story in Guardian here

---------- Post added 02-03-2017 at 19:04 ----------

Whoever made the decisions to use this obscure anti trade union law to arrest peaceful protestors needs sacking

Story in Guardian here

Quote:

"Councillor Bryan Lodge, the city’s cabinet member for the environment, said the majority of people in Sheffield wanted the work carried out. “We respectfully ask that should any protests be organised, that they are done so in a way that does not stop work and therefore cost the city money at a time where we are having to find budgets savings, including from services for vulnerable people,” he said."

Did they do a survey as to how many wanted this work done.. no, thought not. I respectfully ask that he resign as its him that's costing money as well and it would also be a good budget saving.