Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Ive been up round the back of Endcliffe park this morning, and its good to see south yorkshire police have such vast resources they can afford to have four riot vans and three cars ,along with at least 20 coppers ( thats just the ones i counted )all sat there drinking tea doing nowt.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:42 ----------

Sadly, the voters in sheffield will continue to vote for these incompetent morons at the next elections.

Not any longer. I've been a Labour council voter since I moved here. They've not been perfect in that time by any means but I've never felt there was a better alternative. Now I would genuinely vote for a UKIP candidate over a Labour one if that was my only choice. It's not about trees, it's about honesty, responsibility, openness, transparency, all of which SCC currently lack.

I hope SYP will be brought to book for basically stealing peoples cars in the middle of the night .

what gives them the right to just tow vehicles away without any notice . SYP are a disgrace who are not fit for purpose.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:50 ----------

Not any longer. I've been a Labour council voter since I moved here. They've not been perfect in that time by any means but I've never felt there was a better alternative. Now I would genuinely vote for a UKIP candidate over a Labour one if that was my only choice. It's not about trees, it's about honesty, responsibility, openness, transparency, all of which SCC currently lack.

What the council , and SYP have done today is despicable and disgraceful .

I hope SYP will be brought to book for basically stealing peoples cars in the middle of the night .

what gives them the right to just tow vehicles away without any notice . SYP are a disgrace who are not fit for purpose.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:50 ----------

What the council , and SYP have done today is despicable and disgraceful .

Absolutely agreed. Not sure SYP had much say in it though, their job is to maintain the peace. Moving cars is pretty bad though, not sure which legislation they used for that?

Voting for fascism isn't going to end well. We already know UKIP lack honesty.

Absolutely agreed. Not sure SYP had much say in it though, their job is to maintain the peace. Moving cars is pretty bad though, not sure which legislation they used for that?

Or in this case, an arguably dubious, use of trade union legislation to make the arrests.

Quote from the Daily mail;

South Yorkshire Police confirmed 12 officers 'provided assistance at the request of the council'.

A spokesman said three people had been arrested on suspicion of preventing lawful work under Section 241 of the Trade Union and Relation Act 1992.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3945812/Protesting-pensioners-arrested-underhand-council-workers-fell-trees-dawn.html#ixzz4QHlZqt4I

Voting for fascism isn't going to end well. We already know UKIP lack honesty.

So if you had to choose between the current councillors or a UKIP one who would you choose? I'm not saying it lightly, if you know anything about my political stance you'd know voting UKIP is NOT something I'd ever do in any normal circumstance, I am just absolutely exasperated with SCC and would prefer almost anyone else to do the job. Clearly my hypothetical situation isn't going happen. Thankfully I'll have the Lib Dems or probably the Greens to vote for instead. And I shall be encouraging every man and his dog to vote for ABL (Anyone But Labour) in the next local elections.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 16:53 ----------

Or in this case, an arguably dubious, use of trade union legislation to make the arrests.

Quote from the Daily mail;

South Yorkshire Police confirmed 12 officers 'provided assistance at the request of the council'.

A spokesman said three people had been arrested on suspicion of preventing lawful work under Section 241 of the Trade Union and Relation Act 1992.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3945812/Protesting-pensioners-arrested-underhand-council-workers-fell-trees-dawn.html#ixzz4QHlZqt4I

Wow. Then I retract my half support of SYP. That is absolutely appalling.

So if you had to choose between the current councillors or a UKIP one who would you choose?

I'd never vote for fascism. The European Convention on Human Rights and the beginnings of the European Union were initiated by Winston Churchill after the second world war so that fascism could not dominate Europe again. That's why the first thing the French National Front and UKIP want to do is abolish the EU.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 16:59 ----------

Councillor Bryan Lodge is being disingenuous.

He tells us that the council set up an Independent Tree Panel. He tells us they "need" to replace 8 trees.

He doesn't tell us that the Independent Tree Panel said that only 6 of those 8 trees need replacing....

Remind him of that come election time.

Edited by Flexo

I'd never vote for fascism. The European Convention on Human Rights and the beginnings of the European Union were initiated by Winston Churchill after the second world war so that fascism could not dominate Europe again. That's why the first thing the French National Front and UKIP want to do is abolish the EU.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 16:59 ----------

Councillor Bryan Lodge is being disingenuous.

He tells us that the council set up an Independent Tree Panel. He tells us they "need" to replace 8 trees.

He doesn't tell us that the Independent Tree Panel said that only 6 of those 8 trees need replacing....

Remind him of that come election time.

6 out of 8. Yet they're planting 17.

Is it really worth all this debate?