Bettisons new book would you buy/read it

Simple question, simple people, simple answer. Yes.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 21:31 ----------

There is an awful us film(my lowercase) which has an equally awful line. It says, you can't handle the truth.

i will definately buy it. i think the guys been villified. i was at hillsboro that fateful day and im sorry to say, agree with everything he says.

Including the bits where he admits that fans played no part whatsoever in causing the unlawful deaths and that bringing up fan behaviour is entirely irrelevant?

Or do you disagree with Bettison on those points?

Edited by mikem8634

Including the bits where he admits that fans played no part whatsoever in causing the unlawful deaths and that bringing up fan behaviour is entirely irrelevant?

Or do you disagree with Bettison on those points?

Why do you only show up on threads relating to Orgreave and Hillsborough?

Why do you only show up on threads relating to Orgreave and Hillsborough?

I have answered this before and I am not sure why it is in any way relevant.

In any case. It is because I used to spend a great deal of time posting on many subjects, too much time actually. So now I prefer to focus on this one issue. I show up because the same types of discredited myths show up. Still, even now.

I hope that clears up any confusion for you.

Edited by mikem8634

Whats it about? A confessional bare it all apology or some fluff about justification?

Judging by his appearance on Newsnight it would appear to be the latter.

To hear him attempting to rehabilitate his reputation on a platform of 'confirmation bias' and 'innocent until proven guilty' represents peak irony and indicates a crippling, narcissistic impediment to self-awareness.

Possibly but only if the profits from the book went to families of those who died at Hilssborough which seems doubtful. He's absolutely entitled to voice his views about his role and involvement and I'm half interested just to hear a different side but probably not enough to actually ever read it.

How can he still maintain that there was no cover-up, when we have all the altered witness statements, accounts of bullying of the female police officer to change her statement, etc?

Also, how can he publish a book on the subject that he is under investigation for in to his role and conduct before the results of the investigation have been released? Is that legal?

Possibly but only if the profits from the book went to families of those who died at Hilssborough which seems doubtful. He's absolutely entitled to voice his views about his role and involvement and I'm half interested just to hear a different side but probably not enough to actually ever read it.

The publisher said profits are going to a charity. I don't think Hillsborough Families though. I suspect they would refuse on principle anyway.