Bettisons new book would you buy/read it

The publisher said profits are going to a charity. I don't think Hillsborough Families though. I suspect they would refuse on principle anyway.

That's better but still makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. Then again no one should be silenced and he has the right to publish his view.

The publisher said profits are going to a charity. I don't think Hillsborough Families though. I suspect they would refuse on principle anyway.

Didn't he say on the local news last night that one of the charities to benefit was a Liverpool one but he wasn't going to name it for fears that they may come under pressure to reject it?

Didn't he say on the local news last night that one of the charities to benefit was a Liverpool one but he wasn't going to name it for fears that they may come under pressure to reject it?

I don't know Lex. I have only read a short piece on the Beeb about it and the publisher said there profits would go to charity.

I haven't seen, read or heard Bettison himself talk about it.

How can he still maintain that there was no cover-up, when we have all the altered witness statements, accounts of bullying of the female police officer to change her statement, etc?

Also, how can he publish a book on the subject that he is under investigation for in to his role and conduct before the results of the investigation have been released? Is that legal?

Apparently, the IPCC had requested a copy of the book before publication.

A spokeswoman for the watchdog said: “We have read and assessed the book. We do not think it has a significant adverse impact on the ongoing criminal investigation and we would need to be able to demonstrate this in order to bring any legal action to prevent publication.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/norman-bettison-hillsborough-new-book_uk_582d7fbee4b09025ba313397

I wonder if that is a suggestion, or even an assertion that it contains nothing untold, nothing of note?

Edited by mikem8634

Having met the gentleman I would treat what he says with some caution (being polite here).

Never had a conversation with him but he was a careerist; do what you have to do to climb the greasy pole.

How can you claim to have met him if you didn't speak to each other?

Being in the same room as someone hardly counts as meeting them.

I can see lots of charities now casting worried eyes over their donations on Merseyside looking for taint!

How can you claim to have met him if you didn't speak to each other?

Being in the same room as someone hardly counts as meeting them.

I have spoken to him briefly. I wouldn't call it a conversation. I have been in his company at a Christmas dinner, a meeting and once when he was introduced to our office as our new ACC.