Bettisons new book would you buy/read it

Read the book and form your opinions of the man.

I heard and read derogatory comments about the book and it's author before it was even published.

Now I do not think those comments were justified.

Why not? You could explain why if you have actually read the book.

Because you haven't answered a fair question it looks a bit like you haven't actually read it to me.

Read the book and form your opinions of the man.

I heard and read derogatory comments about the book and it's author before it was even published.

Now I do not think those comments were justified.

What changed your mind?

What evidence does he present that he held back from the Inquests and Inquiries?

---------- Post added 22-11-2016 at 23:33 ----------

Pretty weak recommendation so far.

It's up to you if you want to read the book or not.

I found it interesting and so recommended it.

Could your recommendation be any weaker? I thought the point of a recommendation was to get people to read the thing. My personal position is that Bettison has fatally undermined his own credibility over the years so I have no intention of reading his book, unless somebody can give me a really good reason.

So, interesting in what way?

You're being a bit vague here.

For example, David Conn is not shy about offering opinion and detail - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/18/hillsborough-untold-sir-norman-bettison-is-seeking-to-deny-the-truth

It almost seems that you are afraid of answering questions. I wonder why?

Edited by mikem8634

Apparently, the IPCC had requested a copy of the book before publication.

A spokeswoman for the watchdog said: “We have read and assessed the book. We do not think it has a significant adverse impact on the ongoing criminal investigation and we would need to be able to demonstrate this in order to bring any legal action to prevent publication.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/norman-bettison-hillsborough-new-book_uk_582d7fbee4b09025ba313397

I wonder if that is a suggestion, or even an assertion that it contains nothing untold, nothing of note?

:hihi: Ah, so they've actually read the book, have they?

If we were on a jury we would NOT be allowed to read a book that the defendant had written of his/her version of events.

David Conn, knows what the book is, and if the IPCC have read it and ruled they don't think that has a significant adverse impact on the investigation, then this concerns me, in the light of previous IPCC findings.

http://thejusticegap.com/2013/02/ipcc-watchdog-or-old-boy%E2%80%99s-club/

Edited by Lex Luthor