Peter Kay accused of homophobia

His brand of humour is outdated. It wasnt even funny and was homophobic.

Only to people with no sense of humour.

To the rest of us who arnt PC obsessed , it was hilarious .

---------- Post added 21-11-2016 at 14:43 ----------

It was funny in 2006. And now we know the guy is a bigot, I doubt he will be making a comeback anytime soon.

Behave . He is a comic genius . some people need to lighten up and get a sense of humour.

His brand of humour is outdated. It wasnt even funny and was homophobic.

Have to agree. Its that kind of casual "homophobia" that we can't allow to creep back in.

The reason why I put quotation marks around homophobia is that I don't actually believe that Peter Kay is homophobic at all, but just seems to want to revive that old school humour.

Have to agree. Its that kind of casual "homophobia" that we can't allow to creep back in.

The reason why I put quotation marks around homophobia is that I don't actually believe that Peter Kay is homophobic at all, but just seems to want to revive that old school humour.

Nah he's not homophobic. He was on Parky once with Will Young. He said, 'I'm not homophobic. I'm not afraid of my house.'

---------- Post added 21-11-2016 at 15:10 ----------

Only to people with no sense of humour.

To the rest of us who arnt PC obsessed , it was hilarious .

---------- Post added 21-11-2016 at 14:43 ----------

Behave . He is a comic genius . some people need to lighten up and get a sense of humour.

Hilarious you say? Some people are easy to please aren't they?

Saw you as more of a Bernard Manning/Roy Chubby Brown fan though myself Penny flower. Or Ken Dodd. He was a tax dodger too wasn't he?

Edited by Santo

I'm sure peter's comments were tame and totally undeserving of complaint, I haven't seen them. political correctness however is something that exists because a long time ago 6 million jews, gays and disabled people were murdered by the nazis. The idea is that we need to stop that happening again and so racism and homophobia should not be allowed to become the norm. now that once again we have the tearing up "political correctness", we are starting to see the normalisation of racism and homophobia to the extent that people are being attacked. Personally I'd prefer a bit of over the top complaining about bbc programs than a country seeing the rise white supremacy and racism.

I think you're confusing Human Rights with Political Correctness. Although admittedly the same people who talk disparagingly about PC all the time also tend to be those who aren't fans of human rights either.

These days PC is a term used primarily to try and shut down free speech and debate by implying that the other side are trying to do the same.

As a gay, I am offended and hopefully we (the gay community) can remove this bigot from our screens.

That is a statement proclaiming your intolerance, how ironic, and dare I say typical of the attitudes of the offended, do you want him rounded up and shot ;)