Peter Kay accused of homophobia

Peter has been accused of homophobia on Strictly come dancing due to having a bit of fun with Judge Rinder a contestant who may be gay.

The judge seemed to enjoy the attention he was getting from Peter enormously.

May be gay? He's married to a man, which I think kind of settles it..

I think you're confusing Human Rights with Political Correctness. Although admittedly the same people who talk disparagingly about PC all the time also tend to be those who aren't fans of human rights either.

These days PC is a term used primarily to try and shut down free speech and debate by implying that the other side are trying to do the same.

Well said. It was still nice of the poster to give us a history lesson though.

Did Peter Kaye intend to give offense? Was Judge Rinder offended?

No? Then get a sense of humour.

Anyway, what's wrong with being gay?

Quite.

There was an episode of Have I got News for You with a "drunk" Brian Blessed who tore into Alan Duncan and mercilessly took him for every joke possible. If you Youtube it you can find the part where Blessed describes the necessary mechanics of a "number 2" on Everest which is stunningly funny and has Duncan almost paralysed with laughter.

Worse and more irreverent than Peter Kaye? For sure.

Outrage at the homophobia? Zero.

Some people are being overly sensitive. Not sure if that's because Strictly is "highbrow" and the viewers think they should be outraged or something else. Either way it's a totally mountain from a molehill.

I think you're confusing Human Rights with Political Correctness. Although admittedly the same people who talk disparagingly about PC all the time also tend to be those who aren't fans of human rights either.

These days PC is a term used primarily to try and shut down free speech and debate by implying that the other side are trying to do the same.

I have to say that I am in favour of human rights, just not for people who have taken away the human rights of others.

I have to say that I am in favour of human rights, just not for people who have taken away the human rights of others.

Its the future,Phoenix nights,max and paddy,car share and Danny Bakers dad,all were brilliant,its only the Geraldine I didn't like.