The Grand Tour..

Santo

Disappointing. The "challenge" was nothing new and felt dragged out even longer than normal.

The bits in the tent were just awkward.

I agree with you and Cy. It was akin to an average episode of old (New) Top Gear.

But that is still considerably better than Evans's Gear.

Edited by Santo

One complaint the BBC won't have to defend:

Travellers lodge a complaint against Amazon’s Grand Tour after host joked that gipsies do not insure their cars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3963924/Travellers-lodge-complaint-Clarkson-s-joke-Grand-Tour.html

Yup, it was very obvious that was scripted. And rather than the permanently offended ignoring it he has got attention. So Clarkson haters will still hate and Clarkson lovers will think, 'ahhh same old Jezza!'

It really is too easy for him sometimes.

Second one was even worse. Lets hope episode 3 (UK) is a bit better, but I'm getting the impression you can't throw money at a problem to fix it.

They didn't even really have a problem, but it definitely seems that the increased budget hasn't improved the show at all...

I'd stopped watching Top Gear a couple of seasons ago as it had become a bit stale in my opinion. So I watched the Grand Tour, well the first 10 minutes or so anyway, but turned it off. Still stale to me but if you like the trio then I'm sure you'll enjoy it.