Nightlife gone??

dorberman

OK i am 47 but i still like to go out with friends at weekends.

The only thing is everywhere is shut/crap/empty etc.

We used to have numerous pub crawls ie.ecclesfield/chapeltown/high green/walkley/city centre(stonehouse/legends/blue bell/marples finished with roxys lol)

now your lucky to find a few out in your local wmc.

Why dont people go out now??

ok its cheaper to stay in but come on x-factor/strictly on a sat night after working all week.

what about getting out and seeing friends in person

OK i am 47 but i still like to go out with friends at weekends.

We used to have numerous pub crawls ie.ecclesfield/chapeltown/high green/walkley/city centre(stonehouse/legends/blue bell/marples finished with roxys lol)

ok its cheaper to stay in but come on x-factor/strictly on a sat night after working all week.

what about getting out and seeing friends in person

your so right im same as you.suppose it depends on where you live, i live on shiregreen.not one pub left..im afraid i do what most people do now cheap beer from supermarket,get some relations round ,drink at home..not same though is it.

The city centre is packed every Friday and Saturday night.

Hillsborough often looks busy, although I wouldn't ever go out there.

Broomhill is always busy, the York was full until closing at midnight a few weeks ago (Friday night).

What is so wrong with Hillsborough these days? When I lived on the lower end of Minto Road in the 70's , I used to love to go down to the Bell and the Freemasons for a couple of hours on Th. Fri.or Sat. nights, if I didn't feel like going downtown.

Guest makapaka
It's rough IMO.

I come through on the tram on the way home from town on a Friday sometimes, and in that 3 minutes in Hillsborough I'm more likely to see a fight than I am in 4 hours drinking in town.

I agree. It's not a nice place to go out.

What is so wrong with Hillsborough these days? When I lived on the lower end of Minto Road in the 70's , I used to love to go down to the Bell and the Freemasons for a couple of hours on Th. Fri.or Sat. nights, if I didn't feel like going downtown.

Did you mean the 'Blue Ball' on Bradfield Road (near the 'Shakey') Mr.T ?

You can have a decent pub crawl round Kelham Island, Heeley and Walkley, each on their own with the added option of the Broadfield for Heeley. There are still enough pubs off West Street - Red Deer, Bath, Devonshire Cat and Hop.

You can have a decent pub crawl round Kelham Island, Heeley and Walkley, each on their own with the added option of the Broadfield for Heeley. There are still enough pubs off West Street - Red Deer, Bath, Devonshire Cat and Hop.

yes indeed but we are from north Sheffield s5/ecclesfield end of Sheffield.

its nice to be within a short taxi ride