Nigel Farage and Trump

Mike is the 86 your birth year because if so that makes us about the same age.

People have been talking about immigration for years and years yet claiming they can't because it's deemed racist. It's odd.

No, I'm afraid not, I'm a child of the sixties.

You're right. It is odd. It seems that the much maligned political correctness, whilst trying to teach people to be decent to each other, never succeeded in changing minds. At least some things that need addressing are out in the open. James O'Brien is correct in his assertion that it was really intended to be moral correctness and should never have been tainted by politics.

Now is the time to hold the line and resist the 'normalisation of deviance'.

---------- Post added 24-11-2016 at 14:45 ----------

so you do not think anti immigration is racist

No, not in itself.

Why are you having trouble Phil?

Engage brain!

A lot of people claim not to be racist for not wanting mass immigration etc.

because when someone says another is claiming not be some thing, it usually means that you believe they are

Edited by phil752

Are you a racist? (Genuine question)

No, I treat everyone born in the UK with the same respect, regardless of their skin colour.

If not, what would you say to an obvious racist?

'Hello, pleased to meet you, I'm Randy.'

A lot of people claim not to be racist for not wanting mass immigration etc.

because when someone says another is claiming not be some thing, it usually means that you believe they are

Yes, that's why I said they hide behind a mask. Did you not read my post properly? It was written in plain English.

Yes, that's why I said they hide behind a mask. Did you not read my post properly? It was written in plain English.

of course, but if you state people claim to be not, hide behind, you casting a big generalisation on any one who has a differing view.

No, I treat everyone born in the UK with the same respect, regardless of their skin colour.

'Hello, pleased to meet you, I'm Randy.'

As long as youre not obviously asian, youd be welcome in Middlesborough. The couple of lasses in here arent racist obviously, just "nationalists"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37909182

of course, but if you state people claim to be not, hide behind, you casting a big generalisation on any one who has a differing view.

:roll:

No, I'm saying some people claim not to be racist but are.

I simply cannot believe you don't have the mental capacity to process that.

So you would not challenge egregious racism?

Why? People have the right to hold opinions that you or I may find offensive, just because you don't share their egregious views they doesn't give you the right to silence them. That's the price we pay for having free speech ourselves.

Why? People have the right to hold opinions that you or I may find offensive, just because you don't share their egregious views they doesn't give you the right to silence them. That's the price we pay for having free speech ourselves.

Did he say he wants to silence them?