Sky prices going up and up even after I haggled a low price

Hi.

A few month back I heard about a court case where Sky was ordered to give customers the chance to cancel their subscription or haggle the price down. I believe the case was about how they keep raising prices without informing customers.

So I called up up and got my subscription lowered from £60 to £40pm. The problem is since then they have been raising the price again every month since and it's now at £50pm. Is there anything I can do or do I have to wait till the end of the contract to cancel it?

Sky discounts only last 10 months and they implement them immediately onto your account when you call them, so you find you have a pro rata invoice that is partially discounted and partially not. Then on the next month, your price goes back up.

I have cancelled my Sky TV in favour of FreeSat and Now TV (so I can watch Walking Dead, West World etc).

Edited by Berberis

Sky discounts only last 10 months and they implement them immediately onto your account when you call them, so you find you have a pro rata invoice that is partially discounted and partially not. Then on the next month, your price goes back up.

I have cancelled my Sky TV in favour of FreeSat and Now TV (so I can watch Walking Dead, West World etc).

I cancelled in September, I had a live chat 2 days later to ask if I was a new or existing customer for their BB. The woman said let me look at the tv for you and she gave me 60% discount for a year.

Hi.

A few month back I heard about a court case where Sky was ordered to give customers the chance to cancel their subscription or haggle the price down. I believe the case was about how they keep raising prices without informing customers.

So I called up up and got my subscription lowered from £60 to £40pm. The problem is since then they have been raising the price again every month since and it's now at £50pm. Is there anything I can do or do I have to wait till the end of the contract to cancel it?

Easy answer, cancel it and save £50 a month. I canceled mine years ago.

Angel1.