Terrorist killings

Please please bring back hanging get rid of these people they are no good to anyone the money it costs to keep these scum in prison is around £64,000 per year give this money to the needy whatever this country is soft get shut there is plenty of people willing to pull the lever fact

Edited by jacklev1

Through his own words, the very few he has uttered, Thomas Mair has made clear his murder of the MP Jo Cox was politically motivated.

Yet he is said to have had a history of mental illness.

Are the killings by extremists preventable, with better mental health care?

I think you are mixing together different things here Cid.

Mental health care has historically never been brilliant, and almost always considered to be under-funded.

However, if it was better funded, I don't think it would stop extremist type killings such as [arguably] this one.

id say yes to a certain extent. theres various reasons why people turn to extremism, a few ive read about on the IS side of things are normally young, feeling isolated and alienated, easily lead.

Im sure a few have mental illnesses and brain power which does make them susceptible to influence.

But them some are also from a background of petty crime and violence too, not sure on this guys background that in depth tbh, i know hed collected weapons and far right literature.

I don't agree fully.

The problem with this is that is assumes that all extremists are likely to be mentally ill (or mentally ill people are more likely to be extremists). I doubt either is true.

I don't think you can stop someone doing something so random as this. It's just hindsight brigade talk.

I think you are mixing together different things here Cid.

Mental health care has historically never been brilliant, and almost always considered to be under-funded.

However, if it was better funded, I don't think it would stop extremist type killings such as [arguably] this one.

I have not read through all the case, but I have not seen it mentioned. Local to where I live we had a young lad with that killed because of had dangerous driving, the driver had a backward mental age.

If mental health had been an overriding factor he would have been found guilty of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility and detained under the Mental Health Act. I don't understand why he wasn't charged under terrorism legislation.

Btw, if he'd been brown how many pages do you think this thread would be by now?

If mental health had been an overriding factor he would have been found guilty of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility and detained under the Mental Health Act. I don't understand why he wasn't charged under terrorism legislation.

Btw, if he'd been brown how many pages do you think this thread would be by now?

By 'brown' do you mean a Muslim terrorist ?

I don't think the thread is very long because shortly after the murder had been comitted, most sensible people had worked out in their own minds, that the evil act was the work of just ONE evil white man.

It'd be a lot longer with the usual suspects wanting to tar all the "brown" people with the same brush and engage in a bit of collective punishment.

By 'brown' do you mean a Muslim terrorist ?

I don't think the thread is very long because shortly after the murder had been comitted, most sensible people had worked out in their own minds, that the evil act was the work of just ONE evil white man.

If you want a grim section of public opinion, read the comments on Sky News and ITN News Facebook pages. Some utterly vile people.

The same people will say, when there's an IS attack that all Muslims are the same, we should nuke them all, and that if there's a suggestion that the person is mentally ill, that we shouldn't accept that.

They then say that Mair is mentally ill, doesn't represent all UKIP/BF supporters, is a 'lone wolf' etc etc etc.

Crazy. Utterly crazy.

A terrorist is a terrorist, whether mentally ill or not. The definition is clear.

As a side note, no one yet has suggested that the people who radicalised Mair should be found and killed, or that his family should, as was suggested with the Paris attackers.

It'd be a lot longer with the usual suspects wanting to tar all the "brown" people with the same brush and engage in a bit of collective punishment.

Absolutely, the Forum xenophobes are not in attendance. Such a shame as crime doesn't have a nationality or race, unless you have an agenda.

So shocking what happened to Jo Cox and feel for her husband, children and family.

He belongs to a terrorist organisation called Britain First, I wonder if Britain First will be getting put on the terrorist organisation list? :suspect:

their current leadership keep getting slapped in court for doing stupid things in Luton. It'll only be a matter of time.