The Normalisation of Deviance

You know the point I am making.

You believe the media when it shows you things you want to believe and call it hype when it shows you things you don't want to believe.

It is there, laid bare for everyone to see, yet you still refuse to admit it.

I could say exactly the same thing about you, I think I suggested it a few posts earlier, don't tell me you missed it.

---------- Post added 01-12-2016 at 15:54 ----------

Do you admit your bias and double standards? It is futile to deny it.

Only when you admit your own :roll:

Oh you won't will you, your obsessed with having the last word.

I could say exactly the same thing about you, I think I suggested it a few posts earlier, don't tell me you missed it.

Stop avoiding the question. Do you admit your double standards and bias?

We can discuss your accusations against me in a sec. I'll happily have that chat. I'm not afraid of my bias. I'll even let you off the hook a little if we ever get to that conversation, because everybody has biases. It's impossible not to.

---------- Post added 01-12-2016 at 15:57 ----------

It's really not looking very good for you is it Michael?

Are you just going to avoid and deflect or are you going to answer the question?

Edited by mikem8634

Stop avoiding the question. Do you admit your double standards and bias?

We can discuss your accusations against me in a sec. I'll happily have that chat. I'm not afraid of my bias. I'll even let you off the hook a little if we ever get to that conversation, because everybody has biases. It's impossible not to.

---------- Post added 01-12-2016 at 15:57 ----------

It's really not looking very good for you is it Michael?

Seriously, how strange ....... don't you fool yourself, I will answer when I'm ready, I'm off to the gym, hope you don't mind :D

Seriously, how strange ....... don't you fool yourself, I will answer when I'm ready, I'm off to the gym, hope you don't mind :D

That's a shame you couldn't face up to what was laid out before you. As I said, it is more important to you to keep your world view safe, intact and unchanged than it is to believe things that are true.

And now you retreat, as so many do when the fallacies in their flawed logic become too uncomfortable to accept.

The really strange thing is, when somebody does for me, what I have just done for you, I'm grateful.

Edited by mikem8634

That's a shame you couldn't face up to what was laid out before you. As I said, it is more important to you to keep your world view safe, intact and unchanged than it is to believe things that are true.

And now you retreat, as so many do when the fallacies in their flawed logic become too uncomfortable to accept.

The really strange thing is, when somebody does for me, what I have just done for you, I'm grateful.

Your posts are getting weird and embarrassing now mike, go and give your head a shake man, better still go outside and look for some of this racism and xenophobia you find so common, it shouldn't take you too long if your argument is to be believed, you could even film it and post it online.

As for me witnessing beheadings in the media or otherwise being believable hype, I'm a little bit flummoxed by what you consider hype actually is.

Does your idea of double standards mean that seeing is believing is the same as reading is believing ?

If I see something that was filmed I evaluate it, if I see something with my own eyes I evaluate it, and if I read something I evaluate it, just as you would, what makes your evaluation more valid ?

I won't demand any answer and I won't accuse you of running off if you don't, I don't particularly care, I have more important things to do on a daily basis to be honest ....... comprende :D

Your posts are getting weird and embarrassing now mike, go and give your head a shake man, better still go outside and look for some of this racism and xenophobia you find so common, it shouldn't take you too long if your argument is to be believed, you could even film it and post it online.

As for me witnessing beheadings in the media or otherwise being believable hype, I'm a little bit flummoxed by what you consider hype actually is.

Does your idea of double standards mean that seeing is believing is the same as reading is believing ?

If I see something that was filmed I evaluate it, if I see something with my own eyes I evaluate it, and if I read something I evaluate it, just as you would, what makes your evaluation more valid ?

I won't demand any answer and I won't accuse you of running off if you don't, I don't particularly care, I have more important things to do on a daily basis to be honest ....... comprende :D

I've laid it out before you and it couldn't be more obvious. Trying to avoid and deflect by attempting to belittle (weird/embarrassing) and feigning indifference is utterly transparent. It is a tactic people resort to when their argument has run out.

Critical thinking and some understanding of logic make my evaluations more valid. I have said nothing about seeing or reading being believing. Nor have I said anything about what constitutes hype.

Here it is again. By your own admission -

you are not willing to believe racist events occur unless you see them with your own eyes. In the case of racism the media is not to be trusted and you consider the evidence to be hype.

you are willing to believe ISIS atrocities occur despite having never seen one with your own eyes. In the case of ISIS the media is to be trusted and you consider the evidence to be accurate.

I didn't say it, you did. It shows your reasoning is flawed and your conclusions are unsound. It's beyond time to face up to it.

Edited by mikem8634

Zamo, I'm not asking you engage with the left. I'm not the left. I'm asking you to engage with racism.

Who has claimed that you are all deviants? Demonstrate that or admit you are just making stuff up.

Why on earth have you assumed that I am only addressing my concerns to right-wingers? Or that I think you are feeble-minded? If someone is doing this to you then address it to them. Stop projecting it on to me.

I am saying one thing (pretty much) - don't let racists get away with being racist.

I am saying it because the examples you rightly give about it being used wrongly have possibly made people reluctant to use it even when it is justified. It must be justified.

I am not assuming you are addressing your concerns only to right-wingers!! I am saying you are only addressing your concerns. You are concerned about racism (as per the left-wing obsession) but this is not a concern for the vast majority of people. Take some time out to review polls on what issues are of most concern and you will see racism doesn't make the list. That isn't a denial of racism but a denial that it is a priority!

But you keep ignoring the issues that are important to the majority, keep boring them senseless with your racism obsession and watch as people continue to flee the left and seek representation on the right. Self-destruct if you must.

I've laid it out before you and it couldn't be more obvious. Trying to avoid and deflect by attempting to belittle (weird/embarrassing) and feigning indifference is utterly transparent. It is a tactic people resort to when their argument has run out.

Critical thinking and some understanding of logic make my evaluations more valid. I have said nothing about seeing or reading being believing. Nor have I said anything about what constitutes hype.

Here it is again. By your own admission -

you are not willing to believe racist events occur unless you see them with your own eyes. In the case of racism the media is not to be trusted and you consider the evidence to be hype.

you are willing to believe ISIS atrocities occur despite having never seen one with your own eyes. In the case of ISIS the media is to be trusted and you consider the evidence to be accurate.

I didn't say it, you did. It shows your reasoning is flawed and your conclusions are unsound. It's beyond time to face up to it.

My reasoning is flawed :roll:

You really are hard work fella, are you stuck at home with nobody to talk to ..... tell me, what am I trying to deflect mike ?

Your persistence is very annoying, but more so because you keep changing words (something you criticise others for) to make out I have something to answer.

I have said pretty much that I don't believe xenophobia and racism are as prevalent as the likes of you choose to believe, particularly in the UK, we are a very tolerant bunch, I am sure that won't have escaped your attention during your life. You have claimed to have witnessed things that make your view different to mine, partially through your work I believe, well guess what, if your work makes you prone to witness more xenophobia and racism than your average person, then it is your view that has been skewed by exposure to it !

Your silly analogies about me not seeing ISIS atrocities and believing media when it suits are flawed and are reflective of your own issues ..... turn that mirror of yours around and take a good hard look at yourself and tell me that your not a hypocrite and don't have double standards that you judge others with, then jump off your high horse :D