Taking action against a hospital

Very sorry to hear of your sons illness and problems with the Hospital.

From your emails this seems to have been ongoing for the last 7 weeks.

I am amazed nothing has been resolved in this time, has he previous medical problems and history preventing them acting ?

I would be distraught as you are if I were in a similar situation.

All my many experiences with Hospitals have been good and I have found them to be thorough and caring.

My eldest grandson has had two successful major heart operations and most of my family experiences with hospitals has been good.

You must keep pressure your GP. for a solution.

I wish your son the best in regaining his health.

I don't want to be having a pop at hospital staff because I know how under staffed/resourced they are, but unless you're on absolute death's door or your leg is hanging off or something you might as well not bother with A&E, unless you're up for about a 6 or 7 hour wait.

Happy Daddy,

Take him immediately to another hospital. You are allowed to do that. Get him admitted (A+E ). Don't leave until he's admitted. You may have to wait. He doesn't have to be referred by a G.P. It sounds like he's in a serious condition and you will be justified in taking him to the A+E of another hospital.

I sincerely wish that things work out for you both.

N.B. You can initiate a complaint against Rotherham after you've gotten the right treatment for you son.

Edited by petemcewan

I'm mystified having tried to read carefully all this thread.

No diagnosis, surgery planned but deemed unnecessary, endless unidentified tests and no description of the 'thinking' of the doctors: is it urinary, heart, bowel, blood, liver, nerve, lung, brain ...... no indication provided whatsoever.

The hospital is the best place for anyone who is showing serious symptoms and NGH is excellent.

My son is much worse now, he was taken back to hospital and is seemingly getting worse daily.

The hospital have been terrible with incidents ranging from denying him his pain relief and denying him his other meds, giving him medication he is allergic to, leaving him covered in blood after he had some sort of panic attack and tore his drip out of his arm. The list goes on and I need to move hospitals before they bloody kill him. I was all for NGH but having read your story Norseman im none too keen.

Ive been told we can transfer to any hospital.

Can anyone please recommend a hospital for my lad?

I don't have any helpful knowledge of the local hospitals, just wanted to send you, your son, and your family good wishes. Hope your son gets the treatment he needs, and soon.

After having a blood test I have just been told by the Haematologist that I have MGUS, I asked should I know longer give blood "I don't know" he said.

I rang the blood donor service and was told that I could no longer donate blood.

I have had the symptoms of MGUS for some years and had many visits to GPs and hospital yet it has only just been confirmed despite obvious symptoms that I've now researched myself, but what this does mean is that I've been giving blood when I shouldn't have been for several years.

Have those tests happened yet happy daddy? If not, find out how much it would cost to get them done privately.

Not everyone can afford to go private. Unfortunately there are some people in this country who illegally fiddle their tax forms so that they pay much less tax than they should.

Whilst this might mean that they can then personally afford private healthcare with the thousands of pounds they are saving, it leads to our public services being underfunded. People who then have no choice but to use them are then in some cases left with a sub-standard service.

Not everyone can afford to go private. Unfortunately there are some people in this country who illegally fiddle their tax forms so that they pay much less tax than they should.

Whilst this might mean that they can then personally afford private healthcare with the thousands of pounds they are saving, it leads to our public services being underfunded. People who then have no choice but to use them are then in some cases left with a sub-standard service.

You make a good point, but you miss something far worse. Many, many people fail to contribute more to society than they take out. Did you know that the millions of people in this country who earn below about 30k a year are actually net detractors from society (in a financial sense)?

It is these people that are the problem. I am a net contributor so it is not me that causes public services to be underfunded. In fact, it is solely because of people like me (and you) that these public services exist at all.

So, please don't bite the hand that feeds the people.

Edited by Jpeters

You make a good point, but you miss something far worse. Many, many people fail to contribute more to society than they take out. Did you know that the millions of people in this country who earn below about 30k a year are actually net detractors from society (in a financial sense)?

It is these people that are the problem. I am a net contributor so it is not me that causes public services to be underfunded. In fact, it is solely because of people like me (and you) that these public services exist at all.

So, please don't bite the hand that feeds the people.

I don't want to derail this thread so I don't want to start another discussion about tax evasion, however what you just stated really isn't a valid argument - that's not how society works. Perhaps there should be another thread on the subject, as this one probably isn't the right place for it.