Taking action against a hospital

Thanks for the update.I like many Forumers are so glad that things are in the ascendancy.

Thank you for that. I do apologise to you and everyone though as I was meant to reply to these posts at the weekend. But as often happens things just got really busy sat and sun so this is my first real opportunity.

:)

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 11:25 ----------

Happy daddy,

Brilliant. Glad to hear the good news. All the best for the future.

Thank you for that.

Its so nice to have so many caring people rightthere at the end of an internet connection. Sheffield Forum is really a caring place

You lot are stars! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 15:37 ----------

My boy comes home tomorrow

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

He is still unwell but the pain can be managed as an outpatient and he still has a few tests to get done but he is now well enough to come home.

I just want to say a big thank you to the people who have posted their best wishes and messaged me with kind words help and advice.

You lot really helped take a load off the old shoulders.

Thank you everyone

From a Very Very Very Happy Daddy :)

Thank you for that. I do apologise to you and everyone though as I was meant to reply to these posts at the weekend. But as often happens things just got really busy sat and sun so this is my first real opportunity.

:)

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 11:25 ----------

Thank you for that.

Its so nice to have so many caring people rightthere at the end of an internet connection. Sheffield Forum is really a caring place

You lot are stars! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 15:37 ----------

My boy comes home tomorrow

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

He is still unwell but the pain can be managed as an outpatient and he still has a few tests to get done but he is now well enough to come home.

I just want to say a big thank you to the people who have posted their best wishes and messaged me with kind words help and advice.

You lot really helped take a load off the old shoulders.

Thank you everyone

From a Very Very Very Happy Daddy :)

That's great news. I hope he continues to improve - it sounds like he is getting a much better standard of care now, which is a relief.

That's great news. I hope he continues to improve - it sounds like he is getting a much better standard of care now, which is a relief.

Cheers for that Robin :)

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 17:27 ----------

Was your son given a diagnosis? Presumably there is a reason for the pain that he is experiencing?

Hi, its Diverticulitis

He also has some bowel issue left over from a sickness bug, the hospital believe this is what started the whole thing off.

The bad news is it could take time to resolve but the good news is my lad is eating better, putting on weight and whilst he is still in pain all the time the pain is lessening almost daily

Gone from a 9 to an 8 and now he states its about a 7

Thanks for asking and sorry for the late reply :)

It is good that you now know what the problem is. Hopefully the Diverticular Disease can be managed satisfactorily with medication and a high fibre diet. He's had a severe episode by the sound of it so will need some time to recover. I hope he continues to improve and the condition soon settles down.

Cheers for that Robin :)

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 17:27 ----------

Hi, its Diverticulitis

He also has some bowel issue left over from a sickness bug, the hospital believe this is what started the whole thing off.

The bad news is it could take time to resolve but the good news is my lad is eating better, putting on weight and whilst he is still in pain all the time the pain is lessening almost daily

Gone from a 9 to an 8 and now he states its about a 7

Thanks for asking and sorry for the late reply :)

My mum gets that - not as bad as your lad though. But it's treatable and now you know your enemy!

• 2 weeks later...