Dog keeps shaking her head

dbear134

Ok thanks for the feedback my dogs a chocolate lab first dog I've had ....I think I could have chosen an easier one to start with !!! She is now 18 month and still bouncy !! I'll go to the vets and see how we go cheers

Yeah mines a choc they get prone to it as they Seem to have much more sensitive skin. (Also are more prone to over heating in summer) I have to clean his ears much more than my other lab in fact I hardly have to do hers at all. It was worse when he was younger. Also if he is prone to any skin problems Exmarid cream is brill for sore skin or wounds . He is a licker and tends to make his webbing between his toes sore. But I never go away without a tub now. Think yourself lucky you have a female the males are even crazier LOL and yes first dog and you get a choc lab very brave .

Have fun

Edited by rubydo1

I have two golden labs one of them suffers really badly with her ears had numerous ear infections had antibiotics now just using the epiotic cleaner once a week as advised by vet. Younger lab started head flicking last week (she's never had ear problems) looked and one of her ears was dirty no redness so started the epiotic daily week later all cleared up. Love my Labs so loyal :)

I have two golden labs one of them suffers really badly with her ears had numerous ear infections had antibiotics now just using the epiotic cleaner once a week as advised by vet. Younger lab started head flicking last week (she's never had ear problems) looked and one of her ears was dirty no redness so started the epiotic daily week later all cleared up. Love my Labs so loyal :)

Yeah it's just a case of keeping on top of it and not letting it develop.

Funny how some are prone to it and others aren't. It's just the choc

One of mine that occasionally has ear problems the other lab is fine and more normal LOL

Yeah it's just a case of keeping on top of it and not letting it develop.

Funny how some are prone to it and others aren't. It's just the choc

One of mine that occasionally has ear problems the other lab is fine and more normal LOL

Labs and normal in the same sentence lol they're all crazy :love:

It could be any one of a number of things but the pet owner has no way of knowing so the pet owner should never treat ear conditions unless they know exactly what they are dealing with. The only way of obtaining a proper diagnosis is to consult a vet. As teeny says, the consequences of untreated, persistent and chronic ear infection are very serious. I too had a rescue dog with terrible ears due to neglect. She had to have major operations on both ears and was totally deaf when she came to me. It is worth remembering that the dog can't tell you how they feel and ear infections are terribly painful.