Plane crash dreams - what do they mean?

"To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified."

I can provide an alternative version:-

"To dream that a plane crashes, and then believe the mumbo jumbo some about it having a hidden meaning, suggests that you are gullible and are in danger of believing anything anyone tells you. "

I can provide an alternative version:-

"To dream that a plane crashes, and then believe the mumbo jumbo some about it having a hidden meaning, suggests that you are gullible and are in danger of believing anything anyone tells you. "

To put a post like this on a dream thread Ken, when you clearly have no interest in it, suggests to me that you are mean-spirited and would be better employing your time elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Thanks Sunshine... that's interesting....

To put a post like this on a dream thread Ken, when you clearly have no interest in it, suggests to me that you are mean-spirited and would be better employing your time elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Thanks Sunshine... that's interesting....

I don't think there is anything mean spirited in attempting to point out that this is all mumbo jumbo. An alternative, more rational, version can only be a good thing, otherwise we have lots of people spouting this nonsense unchallenged. Clearly dreams are the result of worrying or thinking about specific things even if that is just the fact that they watched a film. Trying to suggest that it has some hidden meaning and that someone wight change things as a result is silly. All they have to do is to think about what was worring them or what film they saw and then that is an end to it.

I don't think there is anything mean spirited in attempting to point out that this is all mumbo jumbo. An alternative, more rational, version can only be a good thing, otherwise we have lots of people spouting this nonsense unchallenged. Clearly dreams are the result of worrying or thinking about specific things even if that is just the fact that they watched a film. Trying to suggest that it has some hidden meaning and that someone wight change things as a result is silly. All they have to do is to think about what was worring them or what film they saw and then that is an end to it.

In your opinion.

I must have had such dreams dozens, if not hundreds of times. They've included aeroplanes and helicopters and I'm always on the ground watching them.

As soon as I see them - or hear them - my first instinct is that I know for sure that the plane is definitely going to crash. It may appear that the plane will get itself out of trouble but it never does. The weather is usually bright and sunny, although the last one I had was at night and the plane was hidden by clouds - but I still knew it was going to crash; it was just a question of where?

So the aircraft inevitably crashes and then it's a question of hoping the debris doesn't hit me (or whoever else I am stood with [family?]). Rotary blades from a helicopter, wheels or burning engines from aircraft whizz past me. They come close but they never quite get me. In the case of the helicopter, the pilots' bodies are visible in the wreckage.

The place from which I'm witnessing this is usually familiar territory. Once, a front garden at a house I used to live in on Fulwood Road; Latterly outside another house I used to live at on St. Albans Road, Hallam.

I see the plane. My first comment - either to myself or whoever is stood in the vicinity - is 'That plane's going to crash.' I'm never wrong.

Such dreams can put me in a strange mood the following day. I'm convinced that one day I'll witness such a disaster in real life.

FINAL DESTINATION :thumbsup:

I once had a dream that I was on a plane and my seat came of and I was flying in the air just in the seat, with no plane attached - it was wonderful :hihi:

And another one I dreamt we were moving to Italy and being on the plane as it was coming down (not crashing) and the way it turned. It occurred to me whilst on the plane to Milan - on the to New York, that it might have been a spooky premonition, as the plane turned the same way as it did in my dream and it looked exactly the same! I was freaked out for ages!

In your opinion.

Well not really. This sort of thing is no different to star signs or other mumbo jumbo. If there is convincing evidence that it is real then it isn't rubbish. Unfortunately there is no such evidence and yet people continue with it against all common sense.

I've got a theory based on my own experience. When I was trying to work out what car to buy I kept dreaming about cars. When I'm working hard on my jiu jitsu or a grading is coming up I dream about training.

When i've read a book before sleep or watched a film, aspects of that are often involved...

Can you see where i'm going?

Archived