The Price of Air

kaytie

If it gets used 50, times a day (around twice per hour) - reasonable for a 24, hour period, that equals £2,600, per year. Are you seriously saying this is not profiteering ?

Still, on the bright side, they seem at last to have taught the woman behind the counter to say please and thank you.

I guess the electricity to run it is free, and it will never need maintenance.

Why don't you ask to use other machinery for free as well, perhaps an entire car?

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 22:00 ----------

Perhaps when you spend £40 at Tesco they should let you have a free turnip?

Not many months ago, Tesco were knocking 5p a litre off their petrol if you spent £50 shopping. Much better than your free turnip.

Angel1.

when one station gives it you for free, (Morrisons) and the other charges £1, its worth a good whinge is it not?

---------- Post added 30-11-2016 at 12:40 ----------

My Bold

when one station gives it you for free, (Morrisons) and the other charges £1, its worth a good whinge is it not?

Morrisons are making big bucks on their grocery sales, most independent stand alone petrol stations do not have this luxury. The petrol at Crookes is usually pretty competitive which to me is more important.

the point being it went up from £0.50 To a £1.00 Thats disgusting,

Why is it? Presumably people pay it otherwise they wouldn't charge that.

No one's forced to use them either, there are alternatives that anyone can easily use.

By owning cars we aren't owed free services from private companies, ongoing maintenance is just one of the many costs of motoring.

---------- Post added 30-11-2016 at 13:17 ----------

I have that very one, works well - I would suggest getting a separate gauge too though as the reading on the machine doesn't seem to be 100% accurate.

Having a small gauge also enables you to quickly check the pressures - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-51536-Tyre-Pressure-Gauge/dp/B00PC6PJF8

There are not that many filling stations left, but there are still alternative ones and as as regular user I shall vote with my wheels and certainly use others when possible. If we all do that maybe they will get the message.

If it gets used 50, times a day (around twice per hour) - reasonable for a 24, hour period, that equals £2,600, per year. Are you seriously saying this is not profiteering ?

Still, on the bright side, they seem at last to have taught the woman behind the counter to say please and thank you.

Even worse than that

50 times a day = £50

seven days = £350

52 weeks = 18,200

Yes, that's what I suggested in post 2. That's what I've got. Not often it gets used, but essential piece of kit.

Whoops, sorry about that, missed it. Yes I have had one for years and once a week I have a look with the built in gauge, when the tyres are cold. If a bit low plug it in and bingo.