Important - I need your views on Claywheels Lane/Beeley Wood Road Development plans

What would you prefer happen to the site?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer happen to the site?

• No change, leave it brownfield
    • I would be supportive of mixed usage with housing & light industry
    • I would be supportive of immediate use for just industry
    • I have no preference

In the interest of fair and frank consultation the Sheffield Forum is a good place to get a balanced opinion regarding this issue.

If you are a forum regular you will be aware of posts I have made regarding the Claywheels lane/Beeley Wood Road Development and the plans.

The first phase of the development has been granted conditional permission, this includes the road links from Middlewood Road and footbridge. Also the development of light industrial units on the site for manufacturing ect. have the go ahead.

The Second Planning application will be heard shortly and as I will be appearing at the meeting I would like to know what the general opinion of the forum family is.

Here is the overview:

Originally the developers were to put industry on the site, in a similar style to what has historically been there. The local authorities ect believe that the site must remain industrial as there is a greater need for industrial sites than any other.

After research the developers felt that the demand for this is not great and filling the site would be difficult.

A revised planning application was made to incorporate mixed usage of housing (550) and light industry. This plan was initially rejected and will be before the planning board again at the end of the month.

So, in order that we have a fair and balanced view, not just of those involved but the general public please let me know your opinions.

Thank you

Fox

I just thought I would point out that the main reason for this post is that some people feel they were not asked their opinion. It is important that everyone get the chance to have their say.

I will pass any comments on here, good or bad to the developers for submission, and of course your anonymity being on SF is protected.

i think they should stick houses on it..purely 'cos i'm sick of 'em building new ones near me all the time.

we also seem to have new light industrial units popping up every two hundred yards.

industry -too much traffic,and too much heavy loads

housing-commuter village(just like mine) -although it makes it quiter in the daytime.

Archived