Another post box gone

The postboxes near the bottom of the Moor and on Fitzwilliam Street have been blocked off. Does anyone know why - is the Royal Mail saving money by making fewer collections? Where is the closet working postbox to the Moorfoot / Wickes area?

Thanks

Yeah, I think they've been doing a big review of which postboxes are used the most. There's a couple out near us in S6 that have been blocked up similarly.

Inevitable really, when you think how communication has changed over the years from post to email.

There may be another reason why some post boxes are being closed in the Sheffield area at present. About a year ago I noticed what a bad state many of our local boxes are in, and wrote to Royal Mail. They said they were all due to be painted in this area in 2017.

This morning I noticed a man preparing our local box for painting. He said they all get done every 3 years.

---------- Post added 04-05-2017 at 15:59 ----------

There may be another reason why some post boxes are being closed in the Sheffield area at present. About a year ago I noticed what a bad state many of our local boxes are in, and wrote to Royal Mail. They said they were all due to be painted in this area in 2017.

This morning I noticed a man preparing our local box for painting. He said they all get done every 3 years. Looking at the state of many local boxes they weren't done very well if they were last done 3 years ago.