Back pain

I had an operation on my spine and after when I started to walk the pain was terrible and I was sent to the physiotherapy clinic. When I walked in an told him my problem he said walk across the room. which I did. He then said that my problem was that I was walking and trying to protect my back and I was tensing all the muscles in my back which was causing the pain. He told me to walk happy i.e. walk swinging your arms and try to do it as much as you can. It really worked for me. Hope it will for you.

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:09, Jomie said:

Jillybabes - I was told that x-ray of the lumbar spine is avoided these days because it requires high doses of radiation. I don’t know what the position is about other scans. The question is, if you had a scan then what could you do about it if the chiropractor was right?  Probably nothing - the treatment would be the same. I am not surprised at the GP’s reaction - some doctors are not keen on chiropractic. You could try seeing another doctor though. Please don’t be anxious about what you have been told. Very few of us are perfect. Keep moving and perhaps try hydrotherapy because that can help. 

Whoever told you that is talking rubbish.  You probably won't get more than 14 MICRO Sv.  That is absolutely TINY.  As a comparison, you can end up getting up to 5 MILLI Sv (5000 micro Sv) from a CT scan over the same area.  Do you know what the annual does is for everyone from just background radiation? It is about 3 milli Sv.  So what is an additional 14 micro Sv going to do to you?  If you live in the South West, your annual background dose is about 10 milli Sv.

So stop spreading rubbish information.  It is misinformation that can do far more harm than good.