Car towed away whilst on holiday

Oh, thats rather unusual. All other web forms I use nowadays always send you an email confirmation for your records.

The processing system they use can't do it.

I believe it will be corrected when they retender for a new system in the near future. The newer systems can do a confirmation email.

---------- Post added 14-12-2016 at 09:33 ----------

You behave like you work for council or amey and have taken that role upon you by the way you present yourself and have done a lot of it "on the go".

Grow up and learn proper professional management, you may learn how to use a agenda to manage projects and understand how this can save time, money.

Then you understand the difference between professional and amateur ways of managing roadworks instead of defending all these idiotic laurel hardy ways Sheffield does it.

The fact that someone only gets an on screen confirmation shows that council is even too lazy to return an automated message. It is a perfect example of how they think by doing as little as possible to get involved with responsible matters.

Perhaps its you who should "grow up" and learn to have a discussion without getting personal and aggressive.

I have qualifications in project management and have successfully delivered large transport projects, so I know the subject quite well thank you.

Amey are a multi-national company, so I am sure they understand how to manage projects. The people who manage the contract for the city council certainly do.

I do not work for Amey or manage the contract, so I don't get to have any input on how it works. I don't come on to SF representing SCC and I have made that clear. It say as much on the bottom of each of my posts.

If you don't like the way SCC/Amey work, make a formal complaint to the city council. You can do it online.

The reason parking services don't send confirmation emails when an online appeal is lodged is because the back office system they currently use can't do it. Nothing to do with being lazy. It will be sorted when they retender the contract.

The processing system they use can't do it.

I believe it will be corrected when they retender for a new system in the near future. The newer systems can do a confirmation email.

There must be some simple software that can solve that and send return confirmation emails.

What system do they use? The solution could be very simple.

Amey are terrible at managing contracts. What they ARE good at is winning government projects and then failing to deliver them on time and on budget. They're also good at drafting such contracts so that they benefit from their failures and the government and the people lose out.

You must have seen them in the news recently? Telling disabled people that they could work (without a valid medical assessment), withdrawing benefits and actually causing people to die and/or take their own life.

That's the company you are defending.

There must be some simple software that can solve that and send return confirmation emails.

What system do they use? The solution could be very simple.

They use Parking Gateway.

The company who supply it are phasing it out and have replaced it with a new system. The supplier does any software development.

Sometimes SCC decide to change the dates without notice.

I used to park on Farm Road and when they planned to upgrade the lights that street put up signs with 5 days notice. That was fine I saw them and knew which days not to park.

One day I parked next on there and came back to see the signs had been changed to that day I asked a bloke who was changing them and he informed me that they were ahead of schedule and work was starting that day. Good job only on a half day as he said if I had been there any later my car would have been towed as I was parked where one of the new lights were going.

Who would have been at fault then???? Certainly not me but I would have been out of pocket for a month until my next wage - may have even had to borrow money to pay the release fee. I was ok to park there that morning so shouldn't have had the threat of towing because SCC were ahead of schedule.

Sometimes SCC decide to change the dates without notice.

I used to park on Farm Road and when they planned to upgrade the lights that street put up signs with 5 days notice. That was fine I saw them and knew which days not to park.

One day I parked next on there and came back to see the signs had been changed to that day I asked a bloke who was changing them and he informed me that they were ahead of schedule and work was starting that day. Good job only on a half day as he said if I had been there any later my car would have been towed as I was parked where one of the new lights were going.

Who would have been at fault then???? Certainly not me but I would have been out of pocket for a month until my next wage - may have even had to borrow money to pay the release fee. I was ok to park there that morning so shouldn't have had the threat of towing because SCC were ahead of schedule.

Important to note that it is not SCC changing the dates on the notices, it's Amey, who are the contractors carrying out the work.

Parking services would not normally tow vehicles away unless the required period of notice had been given.

If your car was towed and you could prove that Amey had not given the required notice, you'd be refunded.