Car towed away whilst on holiday

But in any of these situations the car would already have been there when the sign went up, so the owner would not have to pay the release fee.

The owner has to pay the release fee and the penalty to get the vehicle back. They then have to appeal and will get the full fee back if they win.

Potentially putting people into financial hardship, particularly this close to Christmas, all because Amey can't put signs up more than 3 days in advance...

Come on, it does happen but they usually give more advance notice than that but are rarely on time.

If this towing during holidays were really such a huge big problem we would hear about it much more often. Cant help it but car/cycle theft are a much bigger live topic on forum than amey towing vehicles when resurfacing.

This entire thread is about it happening. It does happen. It costs several hundred quid to get the car back. That could quite clearly put some families into financial hardship. Some people live paycheck to paycheck, have nothing saved and will find it very difficult to pay that money and then wait 3 months to get it back.

This entire thread is about it happening. It does happen. It costs several hundred quid to get the car back. That could quite clearly put some families into financial hardship. Some people live paycheck to paycheck, have nothing saved and will find it very difficult to pay that money and then wait 3 months to get it back.

And if Amey took videos/photos of the streets when they were putting up signs, they would be able to look up INSTANTLY whether the owner is telling the truth about being away when the signs and subsequent resurfacing was done and release the car without charge. Once again it appears to be the council doing the best it can to maximise revenue.

And if Amey took videos/photos of the streets when they were putting up signs, they would be able to look up INSTANTLY whether the owner is telling the truth about being away when the signs and subsequent resurfacing was done and release the car without charge. Once again it appears to be the council doing the best it can to maximise revenue.

Dont you pay the privately run car pound to release the car, rather than the council?

The owner has to pay the release fee and the penalty to get the vehicle back. They then have to appeal and will get the full fee back if they win.

And hopefully having been through that rigamorole they get to bill the council for their time. I value my time seeing as I sell it freelance. Others do the same.

SCC attitude stinks. I'm so glad I left

Dont you pay the privately run car pound to release the car, rather than the council?

Probably, but it can't be beyond the efforts of mankind for the council to issue a list of cars regs to the pound for whom they bill the council rather than the motorist? I'm not an SCC hater most of the time, all councils appear fairly inept, but as Obelix sums up it's the attitude of SCC that really gets my back up. They just cannot understand that towing away someone's car with minimal notice and dubious legality and then making that person pay to have it released before having to go throup a multitude of hoops to get a refund is just not an acceptable way of doing things.

And hopefully having been through that rigamorole they get to bill the council for their time. I value my time seeing as I sell it freelance. Others do the same.

SCC attitude stinks. I'm so glad I left

A council is a council no matter where in the country you live, all as crap as each other and seemingly to blame for every ill.