New Tv - sound out of sync and poor picture

Guest brownd95

Guest brownd95

Hi All.

Just to update you all. I got a full refund. We took it back to the supermarket in question and they were happy to refund. The brand name : Bauhn. Whenever I have bought a Tv in the past, I have never had to syncronise a picture with sound myself. I have just literally plugged it in and away we go. To say the Tv was 4k ready super HD LED, our old TV that we bought several years ago which is the old LCD is way better picture quality when plugged into our sky box. Maybe I just expected too much.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Dave

I'm not disputing anyones answers or replies but as a matter of interest IF the tv is in sync with its on board freeview or via an aerial would it be classed as faulty ?

I have a second tv connected to a sky box which has a crap picture, my tv engineer told me i needed some little connector or something to choke back the signal from the box to the tv but i've never bothered. On freeview the tv is perfect.

I would think that if a particular make of tv doesn't synchronize, within reason, the video/audio signal from an external input like a Sky box or similar then there is a case for describing it as "not fit for purpose".

On your tv it seems that the engineer has recommended fitting an attenuator on the feed cable to reduce the signal strength from your dish? You can normally check signal strength/quality in the Sky menu.

The Polaroid and Blaupunkt ones are also terrible.
They all usually come out of the same Shenzen city-factory, with the badging as the only difference between them (and that badging depending on which retail chain they're destined to reach and where in Europe).

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I would think that if a particular make of tv doesn't synchronize, within reason, the video/audio signal from an external input like a Sky box or similar then there is a case for describing it as "not fit for purpose".

On your tv it seems that the engineer has recommended fitting an attenuator on the feed cable to reduce the signal strength from your dish? You can normally check signal strength/quality in the Sky menu.

Thanks - i had actually forgotten the name of the part which i might consider buying now.

For future reference, anyone who has this issue, should first try going into the menu, and turning off all "Automatic" or "Dynamic" options for the picture...

most newer TV's have various picture and signal processing going on, (to make it sharper, HD upscale, "true-black", "deep-black", Dynamic Contrast etc...)

All this processing, can sometimes cause a delay on the picture, causing the audio/video to de-sync... (especially on cheap(er) TV's, like JVC, Toshiba, Hitachi, Alba etc...)

simply turning off all the 'fancy stuff' can cure the problem...