Tour de Yorkshire 2017 - finishes in Sheffield

Vaati

I watched the highlights on ITV4 last night. It looked really busy in the village!

Drove past on the A616 heading to the Woodhead in the early afternoon. People were parking on the grass verges coming up to the roundabout. One woman seemed to think it was a good idea to reverse the back end of her van into the road in front of our car, forcing us to stop. I thought it was illegal (and very stupid) to reverse into a main road, and this is a 60MPH road. It wasn't that close to the roundabout either, we could still have been travelling at a decent speed at that point.

Glad we didn't go and watch. If we lived there already (will be moving there in the next few months) I probably would have done, with the roads closed there wouldn't have been much else to do.

Fit boys, these cyclists!

It doesn't half get bigged up though, the TdY. All of one night's Look North was given over to it.

It's basically a showcase to encourage tourism for Yorkshire. A ride through some beautiful countryside promoted by Welcome to Yorkshire.

It doesn't half get bigged up though, the TdY. All of one night's Look North was given over to it.

It's basically a showcase to encourage tourism for Yorkshire. A ride through some beautiful countryside promoted by Welcome to Yorkshire.

One dutch cylist, Steven Kruijswijk skipped the last part of Yorkshire so he be prepared for the Italian Giro race that is being held for its one hundred time and was more important for him to win.

Simon Yates (UK) won the queens round of romandy yesterday, he didn't even bother with Yorkshire.

One dutch cylist, Steven Kruijswijk skipped the last part of Yorkshire so he be prepared for the Italian Giro race that is being held for its one hundred time and was more important for him to win.

Simon Yates (UK) won the queens round of romandy yesterday, he didn't even bother with Yorkshire.

Its always good to see you once again putting Yorkshire down. It's only been going since 2015.

Steven Kruijswijk came in 74th and 103rd in the first two stages and hads only ever won the 2014 Arctic race of Norway. Hardly a loss.

Its always good to see you once again putting Yorkshire down. It's only been going since 2015.

Steven Kruijswijk came in 74th and 103rd in the first two stages and hads only ever won the 2014 Arctic race of Norway. Hardly a loss.

Yorkshire is my favourite place for walks, not cycling.

This is not putting Yorkshire down at all, if it were that bad why would I have lived here that long?

Yorkshire is not the only place on the earth you know, the world is way bigger than England, I am not saying one place is better than the other, they are different.

Steven has already said he was not going to throw his energy in yorkshire cause he wanted to prepare for the Giro he has done very well on that before, check Wikipedia.

In 2015 he was 5th overall in Yorkshire.

Edited by dutch

All the naysayers might not like this, but I watched it in Wortley, it was great. I also watched it in different places in 2016 & 2015 - it was equally great. I hope they make it a 4 day race & it runs for years & years

It was a great event, another huge turnout for the race. I love the quiet time as the spectators slowly start to arrive, then the excitement as the support cars and police bikes scour the route in front of the racers, then you get the quiet bit until the helicopter appears in the distance, all of a sudden everyone is up for it, the riders are here.....fantastic day.

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:51 ----------

Yorkshire has some of the best cycling routes :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:52 ----------

All the naysayers might not like this, but I watched it in Wortley, it was great. I also watched it in different places in 2016 & 2015 - it was equally great. I hope they make it a 4 day race & it runs for years & years

This ^^^ :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 12:58 ----------

Yorkshire is my favourite place for walks, not cycling.

This is not putting Yorkshire down at all, if it were that bad why would I have lived here that long?

Yorkshire is not the only place on the earth you know, the world is way bigger than England, I am not saying one place is better than the other, they are different.

Steven has already said he was not going to throw his energy in yorkshire cause he wanted to prepare for the Giro he has done very well on that before, check Wikipedia.

In 2015 he was 5th overall in Yorkshire.

Athletes miss events so they can take part in others all the time, whats your point.

It will be unbearable in Stocksbridge, Fox valley will be a total nightmare because of the crowds.

Stocksbridge tomorrow the grand tour and its free.

Wild boar roast hog if you are minted and then canapes and salad at one of Stockbridges World famous Tappas bars, get there see the rich and famous mix with the poor and knackered and thats just the spectators.

The Belgium winner of our tour refused to compete in the Romandy event as he says that the Yorkshire event is now bigger with better organisation and massive crowds.