Time to face up to the truth of religion?

Why not? People lose their faith all the time due to a little critical thinking and rational thought, discussion can sometimes stimulate that.

However, I don't think that's the point of this thread.

We could take religion away and belief in gods but people will always be susceptible to having irrational and ridiculous beliefs, no matter how much evidence is stacked against them or the lack of evidence in their favour.

Conspiracy fans are a good example of this, they seem to yearn for something unseen to be happening that only they are aware of - the true believers.

Have you changed your view after discussions on the subject ?

Debate could has caused non believers to be believers.

Religious faith is not an actual thing.

Common faith means trust and confidence.

Religious faith means believing something for reasons other than thinking that it's true.

My interpretation is that religious faith is believing in something which can not be proved one way or the other regardless of theories.

My interpretation is that religious faith is believing in something which can not be proved one way or the other regardless of theories.

Usually it requires believing things which have been proven not to be true.

Go back 100 years and your definition probably works. But science hasn't left enough room for that approach to work now.