Time to face up to the truth of religion?

Because it can not be disproved either.

Granted there are many theories, and some would say positive proof one way or another but each side maintains they are right.

Do you think that's a rational process in establishing if something is true or not?

Edited by SnailyBoy

This is always my main question to theists. The honest answer in the majority of cases would be "Because my parents told me to when I was very young and throughout my childhood". For some there are other reasons.

We have discussed this in the past and I respect your views but mine differ from yours.

Perhaps my views were formed in impressionable years but we were not a church going family when I was growing up nor am I now.

The God we refer to could have been a chemical action or a creator or......

---------- Post added 15-12-2016 at 16:12 ----------

Do you think that's a rational process in establishing if something is true or not?

Until there is definite proof we will all choose an option.

What is rational is to keep an open mind and appreciate others have different views.

Edited by harvey19

What is rational is to keep an open mind and appreciate others have different views.

Rational people choose the most likely option and call it a working assumption rather than a belief.

That's not rational at all. I'd say it's irational to believe something that hadn't been proved with evidence to be true.

Different views have nothing to do with it.