Time to face up to the truth of religion?

I believe that this is interpreted as God addressing the trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Some theists believe that God is addressing Angels as well. And yes, Angels did not create mankind but perhaps God was gathering opinion and being inclusive.

Regardless, I'm not convinced it confirms the existence of multiple Gods given that :

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Deuteronomy 32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me

Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me

And to the other post that God spoke in English...the Bible has obviously been translated over the years, so it's very doubtful that God spoke in English. Especially since he scattered the people. However, I don't doubt that God could speak English.

I also don't subscribe to the perception that Jesus was white as depicted.

The plural usage is beside the point. Yaweh is referred to multiple times in the bible as the god of gods, the greatest of all gods and such. These other gods are therefore contended to exist.

For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords. Deuteronomy 10:17

Worship him, all ye gods. Psalm 97:7

O give thanks unto the God of gods. Psalm 136:2

Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord. Psalm 86:8

Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Exodus 15:11

Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods. Exodus 18:11

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. ... Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them. Exodus 20:3-5

What God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works?Deuteronomy 3:24

Our Lord is above all gods. Psalm 135:5

The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. Jeremiah 10:11

And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment. Exodus 12:12

Upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments. Numbers 33:4

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty, he judgeth among the gods. Psalm 82:1

I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods. Jeremiah 46:25

The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth. Zephaniah 2:11

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. Exodus 34:14

Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you.) Deuteronomy 6:14-15

Thou shalt not ... go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:14

Ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods. 1 Samuel 6:5

And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt. Jeremiah 25:6

The Lord ... is to be feared above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16:25

For the Lord ... is to be feared above all gods. Psalm 96:4

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. Exodus 22:20

Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Deuteronomy 5:7

Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. Exodus 23:32

I will utter my judgments against them ... who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods. Jeremiah 1:16

Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth. Exodus 23:13

Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served. Joshua 24:14

Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy god giveth thee to possess? Judges 11:24

Thou shalt not revile the gods. Exodus 22:28

The assertion that thesis other gods don't exist in the way that Yaweh supposedly does is spin that the christian priests put in the religion later. The bible clearly contradicts it.

If you are happy with what you believe or do not believe that is fine with me, I will not question why you hold your views or criticise you for holding them.

None of your replies have caused me to change my views one iota but they have made me question the reasons for you not respecting others differing views.

Edited by harvey19

If you are happy with what you believe or do not believe that is fine with me, I will not question why you hold your views or criticise you for holding them.

None of your replies have caused me to change my views one iota but they have made me question the reasons for you not respecting others differing iews.

I've not mentioned at any point what I believe. Nor have I questioned what you believe. I simply asked why you believe it.

Why do those who do not believe in a God constantly need to reinforce their non belief by questioning others and trying to prove them wrong ?

They don't, it's not about reinforcing non belief. My non belief in your god is as constant as my non belief in eight legged unicorns, as my non belief in the Earth being hollow.

It's as constant as my non ownership of a Boeing 747. There's just nothing to suggest it should be otherwise.

If you were talking to somebody who told you they believed that we're all Lizards inside human skins, would you not question that?

The plural usage is beside the point. Yaweh is referred to multiple times in the bible as the god of gods, the greatest of all gods and such. These other gods are therefore contended to exist.

For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords. Deuteronomy 10:17

Worship him, all ye gods. Psalm 97:7

O give thanks unto the God of gods. Psalm 136:2

Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord. Psalm 86:8

Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Exodus 15:11

Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods. Exodus 18:11

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. ... Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them. Exodus 20:3-5

What God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works?Deuteronomy 3:24

Our Lord is above all gods. Psalm 135:5

The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens. Jeremiah 10:11

And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment. Exodus 12:12

Upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments. Numbers 33:4

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty, he judgeth among the gods. Psalm 82:1

I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods. Jeremiah 46:25

The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth. Zephaniah 2:11

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. Exodus 34:14

Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you.) Deuteronomy 6:14-15

Thou shalt not ... go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:14

Ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods. 1 Samuel 6:5

And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt. Jeremiah 25:6

The Lord ... is to be feared above all gods. 1 Chronicles 16:25

For the Lord ... is to be feared above all gods. Psalm 96:4

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. Exodus 22:20

Thou shalt have none other gods before me. Deuteronomy 5:7

Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. Exodus 23:32

I will utter my judgments against them ... who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods. Jeremiah 1:16

Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth. Exodus 23:13

Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served. Joshua 24:14

Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy god giveth thee to possess? Judges 11:24

Thou shalt not revile the gods. Exodus 22:28

The assertion that thesis other gods don't exist in the way that Yaweh supposedly does is spin that the christian priests put in the religion later. The bible clearly contradicts it.

Lucky for you then that you don't believe it :thumbsup:

I believe that this is interpreted as God addressing the trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

But the Trinity never formed any part of the old testament in which Genesis is from.

Regardless, I'm not convinced it confirms the existence of multiple Gods given that :

Deuteronomy 4:35,39 — Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Deuteronomy 32:39 — See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me

Isaiah 46:9 — For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me

Given that Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy were all written by Moses, a murderer fleeing from his crime, I am not convinced about the authenticity of any of them and question all of those writings.