Time to face up to the truth of religion?

How would you know not being a man of faith?

I know what it means when somebody says that they're a chinese woman, but I'm not a woman nor chinese either. You're making progressively less sense as this goes on.

Edited by unbeliever

I know what it means when somebody says that they're a chinese woman, but I'm not a woman nor chinese either. You're making progressively less sense as this goes on.

I'm being facetious. :D

Way I see it, people just need to accept that religion exists in modern day society and need to not let it bother them. No matter how many threads are created on Sheffield forum, it won't change.

Please focus your efforts on something that you can change.

I'm being facetious. :D

Way I see it, people just need to accept that religion exists in modern day society and need to not let it bother them. No matter how many threads are created on Sheffield forum, it won't change.

Please focus your efforts on something that you can change.

I'll focus on whatever I see fit thanks.

You're choosing not to apply reason, logic and evidence to probably the biggest questions of life.

You're then trying to make a virtue out of that, or at least asserting intellectual equivalence with those who take a more rational approach.

You're of course free to do so, but it's blatantly ridiculous and I'm curious how you manage to make it sit straight in your head. I suspect that you don't, but you have an emotional attachment to these daft ideas which compels you to defend them.

Actually, I kind of get his point. I think. I did a job at one of these big happy clappy churches and there was lots of pictures of happy Christians - all with the same sort of smile, not totally genuine, not totally smug - it's difficult to describe. I know they're Christians (that lot wrote it large) and, in the same way I couldn't recreate that smile if I tried, I don't know how they actually felt and how their faith made them feel.

Does that make any sense?

I'll focus on whatever I see fit thanks.

You're choosing not to apply reason, logic and evidence to probably the biggest questions of life.

You're then trying to make a virtue out of that, or at least asserting intellectual equivalence with those who take a more rational approach.

You're of course free to do so, but it's blatantly ridiculous and I'm curious how you manage to make it sit straight in your head. I suspect that you don't, but you have an emotional attachment to these daft ideas which compels you to defend them.

Go for it, I'll sit back and enjoy the futility.

I'm choosing not to engage in a debate that's ultimately pointless because you can't answer the biggest question of life. I'm trying to make people realise that neither sides knows that god does/doesn't exist.

Your curious? I am just of the opinion that I don't have all the answers and I don't believe anyone ever will. So I accept that there is more to this life that what we already know. As to choosing wherever Christianity is right over all others well that's not worthy of debate because you don't accept any is right.

I'm choosing not to engage in a debate that's ultimately pointless because you can't answer the biggest question of life. I'm trying to make people realise that neither sides knows that god does/doesn't exist.

Your curious? I am just of the opinion that I don't have all the answers and I don't believe anyone ever will. So I accept that there is more to this life that what we already know. As to choosing wherever Christianity is right over all others well that's not worthy of debate because you don't accept any is right.

Way to make my point for me

Whatever it takes to stop this pointless debate :thumbsup:

You keep saying that you're leaving. Yet you're determined to have the last word. I on the other hand, as I'm winning hands down, am content to continue. If you've chosen to walk away then go ahead. If you're staying then expect more of the same (whether or not you persist with declaring it pointless).

Edited by unbeliever

That point has already been made - and using that as a reason to believe in God doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

As already stated, nobody can prove or disprove that invisible unicorns exist either, or Zeus. Do you believe in both of them too?

You keep saying that you're leaving. Yet you're determined to have the last word. I on the other hand, as I'm winning hands down, am content to continue. If you've chosen to walk away then go ahead. If you're staying then expect more of the same (whether or not you persist with declaring it pointless).

Remind me what are you winning?

I still believe what I choose

You believe what you choose

Religion is still being practiced