Time to face up to the truth of religion?

Remind me what are you winning?

I still believe what I choose

You believe what you choose

Religion is still being practiced

I didn't plan on bringing reason to the whole world just this afternoon. I am however, by any reasonable measure, defeating you in this debate.

This false intellectual equivalence argument has probably worked well for you before, but we've rather demolished it here.

As I say, the most plausible explanation for your position is that you're emotionally bound to it and you desperately want it to be true. If that's the case, then this is probably very upsetting for you and perhaps you should walk away.

Edited by unbeliever

I didn't plan on bringing reason to the whole world just this afternoon. I am however, by any reasonable measure, defeating you in this debate.

This false intellectual equivalence argument has probably worked well for you before, but we've rather demolished it here.

As I say, the most plausible explanation for your position is that you're emotionally bound to it and you desperately want it to be true. If that's the case, then this is probably very upsetting for you and perhaps you should walk away.

Defeating? Sure. Be sure to print this out and pin it on your fridge.

I'm happy knowing my position is true thanks. I'm far from upset. Quite the opposite. I find this funny

I'm happy knowing my position is true thanks. I'm far from upset. Quite the opposite. I find this funny

What would convince you that your position wasn't 'true'?

Edited by SnailyBoy

Sorry, does "true" now mean something other than that the words you use corresponding to facts?

Since you have different meanings for "faith" and "believe" and such.

You have made no case that there is a shred of what we conventionally understand as "truth" in what you you assert. You've made a rather easily demolished case that in the absence of absolute 100% proof of one position, all positions not 100% disproven are equal. Actually that case rather demolishes itself once stated clearly. So I can only assume that this is some alternative meaning of the word "true" that you are using. Please clarify.

Edited by unbeliever

This thread is going the same way as the Ebola thread earlier this year. We all know what happened to that.

Indeed, I would advise Unbeliever to cease further responses to Delayed. It's clear that Delayed has no intention to engage in any meaningful discussion and has already stated that he/she wants to get the thread closed.

Indeed, I would advise Unbeliever to cease further responses to Delayed. It's clear that Delayed has no intention to engage in any meaningful discussion and has already stated that he/she wants to get the thread closed.

I take the view that I'm very well inline with what the thread was intended for.