Time to face up to the truth of religion?

I think you will find the numbers are vastly increasing if you count all religions , spirituality etc aethiests are in the vast minority

Somebody who doesn't understand proportion or percentage might think so yes.

The proportion of people on earth who are non religious has never been higher in human history (or at least since the invention of religion).

I think you will find the numbers are vastly increasing if you count all religions , spirituality etc aethiests are in the vast minority

It always strikes me as odd that some theists regard opposing theists as some kind of ally or house point for the 'team', as though believing in a different god or gods is still better than not believing in any.

It always strikes me as odd that some theists regard opposing theists as some kind of ally or house point for the 'team', as though believing in a different god or gods is still better than not believing in any.

I tend to agree. The Beliefs of the Hundus are radically different for a start. Even if you take the Abrahamic religions they're not compatible with each other.

Go for it, I'll sit back and enjoy the futility.

I'm choosing not to engage in a debate that's ultimately pointless because you can't answer the biggest question of life. I'm trying to make people realise that neither sides knows that god does/doesn't exist.

Your curious? I am just of the opinion that I don't have all the answers and I don't believe anyone ever will. So I accept that there is more to this life that what we already know. As to choosing wherever Christianity is right over all others well that's not worthy of debate because you don't accept any is right.

I know, with 100% certainty.

With all due respect, you don't. You may believe it with 100% certainty. And your belief may, or may not be based on scientific observation and reason, or a 2000 year old fairytale, depending on which side of the argument you are on. But you can't possibly know.

I'm choosing not to engage in a debate that's ultimately pointless because you can't answer the biggest question of life. I'm trying to make people realise that neither sides knows that god does/doesn't exist.

[/Quote] What on earth makes you think it's the biggest question in life? To me and many others it's no bigger than the question of "Do eight legged unicorns exist?", neither 'side' knows that eight legged unicorns do or don't exist.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 14:26 ----------

No, you don't. You also don't know that eight legged unicorns don't exist.

There is, however, about the same likeliness of either existing and the same lack of real evidence to suggest they do exist. This is most certainly enough to dismiss the concepts of either existing.

---------- Post added 19-12-2016 at 14:35 ----------

Where is it compulsory anywhere worth living?

In many religious households, including the UK and certainly the USA.

Edited by RootsBooster