Time to face up to the truth of religion?

True, but all children are born with a sense of wonder, and I believe that can develop into spirituality.

---------- Post added 20-12-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Can I ask all atheists and non believers, are you offended to receive Christmas cards, in particular, Christmas cards with a religious theme? Angels, 3 Kings, mangers etc?

Serious question.

I'm not offended no. I also wouldn't be offended to receive a card with Gandalf on it, or Darth Vader, or Peter Rabbit.

The Christmas story is just that, a story.

Thankyou for taking the trouble to reply. Can I just ask what a 'Gravmass' card is? I've not heard of it.

It celebrates Gravmass of course :)

Gravmass is a semi serious semi parody celebration of the birth of Isaac Newton who was one of the most influential figures ever. He was born on 25th December (old calendar) so it seems appropriate to put up a small tree, decorated with apples that can fall under gravity, and have his douor ugly mug beaming down from the gravangel on the top :)

https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/grav-mass-day

True, but all children are born with a sense of wonder, and I believe that can develop into spirituality.

---------- Post added 20-12-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Can I ask all atheists and non believers, are you offended to receive Christmas cards, in particular, Christmas cards with a religious theme? Angels, 3 Kings, mangers etc?

Serious question.

Anna,I have quite a few cards and none have any religious connections,religion is disappearing from xmas.

Anna,I have quite a few cards and none have any religious connections,religion is disappearing from xmas.

True dat. I got one with a pair of giraffes and the tagline 'Giraffing Through The Snow'... I did wonder what my mate, who sent it me, had been smoking. Let alone the designer of said card.

[/color]Can I ask all atheists and non believers, are you offended to receive Christmas cards, in particular, Christmas cards with a religious theme? Angels, 3 Kings, mangers etc?

As a rough rule of thumb the more religious they are the worse they are, and don't read the verses.

But, I'm not offended just like if I wouldn't be offended by a Jewish or Muslim Xmas card. . . . . after all they all remembered us didn't they.

Happy Yuetide to you all

By your ambiguous "sense of wonder" remark, I think you mean their sender of curiosity, which is how they learn stuff. None of which changes anything, children are not born with any religious beliefs.

Serious question.

I'm not offended by them, I do find them a bit dull and tasteless though.

Seriously though, being of an inquiring mind I picked up a bible.

I understood, correct me if I'm wrong, that the New testament was the enlightened version and opened it at the first page.

Chapter 1, Verse's 1-16 is all about who begat who.

Then verse 17 - "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."

It did my legs. Book down , walk away, superstitious nonsence.

Serious question.

I don't get offended.

I used to send cards and they were always secular, even at school (I've always been an atheist).

For the past few years I haven't sent any at all. I donate what i would have spent to a secular charity, plus a little extra for the time saved.

Serious question.

Do you worry about offending them by sending them religious cards Anna? If you do you're certainly more thoughtful.than I am.

Come to think of it I don't even know the religious beliefs of many of those on my Christmas card list, even those I've known for years.

Chapter 1, Verse's 1-16 is all about who begat who.

Then verse 17 - "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."

It did my legs. Book down , walk away, superstitious nonsence.

why did it do your legs?

and why, superstitious or not, is it nonsence?