Time to face up to the truth of religion?

why did it do your legs?

and why, superstitious or not, is it nonsense?

Because the family line of Jesus of Galilee is supposedly enhanced by the fact that he was descended of 3x14 generations.

How can anyone know if its a fact or not

AND

I suspect it is more to do with weaving the magical properties of 3 x 14 into the plot.

I think that this way of thinking and justifying the provenance of Jesus's family line is calculating, superstitious, which I suspect you have no objection to, and IMO therefore nonsense.

Furthermore, there are 3 more, sometimes contradictory, versions of the story so if you don't like one you can pick another. I couldn't give any credibility to this way of carrying on.

This start, IMO, undermined everything that followed. I couldn't 'believe' on this basis. But, I guess that's not what 'believing' is all about.

Anna,I have quite a few cards and none have any religious connections,religion is disappearing from xmas.

Yes, so I've noticed. That's partially why I asked the question. I always used to send Nativity themed cards, but I don't any more. I woulld hate to offend anyone so now I play it safe.