Colley School

I do remember that band playing at the school "panto" or whatever it was,

pretty rocky to say they were all mods :)

JJ..

they played some good tunes, i remember them playin the youth club in ecco, but they were very moddish that night

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to everyone,

My Brother in law has put me onto this site whilst staying with them in Tasmania.

I left Southey Green school along with Mr Birch to start at Colley School the first day it opened, I thought it was called Remington Road then.

My parents had moved us to live on Colley Road.

Mr Birch was always a stickler even at Southey Green, and when he started at Colley he used to stand at the doorway as we walked in of a morning to inspect our shoes to make sure we had polished them, if not he pulled you out and made you stand there until all the rest of the school had walked past and saw your dirty shoes.

I remember him setting a competition to design the badges for the House signs that they were trying to start up; I think I ended up in Delius. I seem to remember my mate Bob Smith having his designs come out favorite. He later went onto become a Commercial Artist.

I also remember the teacher (I think he had an American accent) setting us a test to draw some designs for tidying the garden area (building site!!)at the front of the school.

Later I left and went back to Southey Green when My parents decided to make another move.

I think this would be something like 1950.

Hi downsunder,

I left colley in 52, my form teacher was Mrs Bucannon,

with Joe Mellor as radio club teacher. We also had a friday dinnertime

dance club we payed 1 penny to help buy records.

Do you live near Brisbane? I have relatives there I have never met

name of Sharman,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived