Colley School

Hi Bladesbaby

I went to Colley from 73 to 77, and left in 79. :banana:

Mr Bell, always enthusiastic, quiet small for a PE teacher, but a very good guy.....

Jagger, Gibbs, Brightmore, Mellor, Burgin, Reed, Seymour, McNulty, Ollerenshaws, Tindell, Mason, Shaw, Greaves, Scowcroft, Stoddart, Howe

Hi i also left in 1979

do you know me Andy Wright ? Whats your name??

• 2 months later...
I left Colley in 1964 and remember having Mr Mason as form teacher. He was the gardening teacher. Then there was Miss Salvita (english) a lovely woman. Mr Birch, Headteacher, Mr Shaw, deputy head,(a terrible man). Miss Cooper who did crafts,"a hot bit of stuff in those days". I believe I remember a Mr bell who was the library teacher.

When I was in my teens I knew Mr Shaw's son Roger.

• 1 year later...

can you remember mr senior sports teacher the strict mr brightmoor and the gardening teacher mr mason and the sheep called hawkins the english teacher miss salveta her classroom was very smelly she used to give everybody bisquits i left in 1969 full of bisquits

Hi i went to colley school in around 72/76 headteachers were miss bennett i think she took over from mr birch.deputy head was mr shaw,who died whilst on holiday.mr connelly taught french,and mr mbele taught geography i think.mr tindall not sure what he taught,maybe music.mr ollerearnshaw taught r.e .mr scholey taught maths i think.mr stoddart was once my year tutor at one point.he was a certified morriss dancer,and we used to take the mick out of him.i will have a really good think to see if i can remember anymore names.regards from carole. X

Archived