Colley School

one of the teachers ithink he was called mr burgin drowned while on holiday in spain mr tindall was the music teacher mr how was the woodwork teacher mr schofield was the metalwork teacher now colley school is no more houses and flats are to be built there :loopy:

• 1 year later...
I left Colley in 1964 and remember having Mr Mason as form teacher. He was the gardening teacher. Then there was Miss Salvita (english) a lovely woman. Mr Birch, Headteacher, Mr Shaw, deputy head,(a terrible man). Miss Cooper who did crafts,"a hot bit of stuff in those days". I believe I remember a Mr bell who was the library teacher.

Do you remember Steve Smallcome?

To anyone who remembers me from colley in the 50`s

I am Brian Hill I lived at 41 Dugdale Road I also went to colley school,I went on a trip to the 1951 Festival of Britain with some class mates and Joe Mellor was in charge,Ialso remember going to the Crucible to see the play Joan of ark.

We also had a dance class each friday dinner time doing oldtime & sequence that got me into dancing. I also remember being expelled from the radio club for not turning up for the last show to operate the spot light.

Went to Colley myself,left in 1982.My last form teacher was Mr Evens (taffy) .He taught french i think !.He was a season ticket holder at Bramall Lane and once gave me his ticket for a weekday match he could,nt get too,funny the things you remember.Names that spring to mind are David Bowyer,Alan Metham,Wayne Salvin and Ian Holmes.Can,t remember seein any of them since leaving though.

Archived